Search for content in message boards

Seeking Info on Antique Bedroom Set "Bought for Miss Hattie Holtsclaw sometime between 1860-1870..."

Replies: 1

Seeking Info on Antique Bedroom Set "Bought for Miss Hattie Holtsclaw sometime between 1860-1870..."

Posted: 23 Feb 2014 5:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holtsclaw, Stevenson, Booker
I recently inherited an antique bedroom set that is signed in the upper right hand drawer. I am hoping to discover who the people mentioned in the statement are and what became of them. Written in pencil is : "Bought for Miss Hattie Holtsclaw sometime between 1860-1870
Given to Mar(?)ie Stevenson Booker Nov 20 1931 by Alice Holtsclaw
Cotching (sp?)"
I am not sure of a few of the letters, hence the question marks. It was owned by my Great-aunt, Belle Hardy Morris of Central City IL for several decades, then passed to my Mom. I could find only one Holtsclaw who was a farmer in Jefferson County IL in the 1860-70s. I do not know where the Holtsclaw this was originally given to lived, as I have found no Hattie. I realize her name could have been Harriet or Henrietta. I would appreciate any assistance in finding out more about her family, as the bedroom set was obviously a part of it for 60-70 years. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
fordellcastle 24 Feb 2014 12:49AM GMT 
annallison 24 Feb 2014 1:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions