Search for content in message boards

Roseann, Roseanne, Rose Ann, Rose Anne, called "Annie" married a William Bryan/Bryant

Replies: 3

Re: Roseann, Roseanne, Rose Ann, Rose Anne, called "Annie" married a William Bryan/Bryant

Posted: 5 Mar 2014 1:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Mar 2014 5:20PM GMT
Hello PJ.

Since Fannie's death certificate did not have her mother's maiden name, I decided to try to find out when/where John. C. Champion (c. 1857-) died, since they had the same mother.

I located his marriage to Nancy M. Enox in Red River Co. in 1878. Nancy was the sister of John M. Enox who married Fannie Bryant. Nancy and John were both found in the family of Fleece Enoch in Red River Co. in 1870.

In 1880 John Champion, wife Murtie/Mettie (same person as Nancy M.) and son Franklin were located in Red River Co.

Eventually I found Mettie in 1900 in Red River Co.

She was

M. Champain b Jan 1862, widowed, 9 children, 6 living.

She had 4 daughters and a son with her. All listed by initials only.

I found 3 of the children in 1910 in Red River. Corra Mollenhuer was divorced, her brother Jim and sister Mettie were living with her.

Death records for several of these children confirm that their father was John Champion.

Unfortunately, it appears that John C. Champion died 1896-1900. I have not found any death record for him online, but there may be something more available locally through the genealogy society.

I believe that Rosanne's husband W. B. Champion may have been Wiley B. Champion who served in the 11th Battalion Texas Volunteers.

Have you been able to find Roseann in any census record after 1860? If so, where?

Sharon
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
oldthingsforg... 4 Mar 2014 3:20PM GMT 
meekernj 5 Mar 2014 12:03AM GMT 
oldthingsforg... 5 Mar 2014 3:50AM GMT 
meekernj 5 Mar 2014 8:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions