Search for content in message boards

Roseann, Roseanne, Rose Ann, Rose Anne, called "Annie" married a William Bryan/Bryant

Replies: 3

Re: Roseann, Roseanne, Rose Ann, Rose Anne, called "Annie" married a William Bryan/Bryant

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 8:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Champion, McClure, Bryan, Bryant, Enox
Sure, but first an explanation.

The above post was from new information I had just received on my great grandmother from a distant cousin that I know of but have never met. The new information did not fit anything I had heard nor verified previously so I was reluctant to put more information.

Here is what I was told all my life and mostly what I have been able to verify:

Fanny or Fannie (seen both ways) was born in Red River county Texas in 1870 to a mother that was on her third marriage. My aunt refers to Fanny's mother as a widow woman, due to the fact that she would marry and then that husband would be dead shortly and once again she was a widow.

Fanny's mother was called Roseann (Maiden name unkown) born in KY. Fanny's first husband was a Mr. Champion (father to Fanny's half brother John Champion). For the second marriage a license is found for a Roseanna Champion marrying a J. H. McClure in 1866. There were no known children to this marriage and he is dead/gone by 1869 when Ann McClure marries a William Bryan.

The marriage certificate has Bryan, but on Fanny's death certificate her father's name is shown as William Bryant and her mother as Annie Bryant.

I have never found where either Roseann nor her husband William were buried. I don't even know their death dates. They all stayed in Red River county Texas as far as I can find, and should be buried there somewhere, but I cannot find them.

So, to wind this up, Roseann's birthplace as KY comes from census records for Fanny showing her mother being born in KY. I believe I can put Roseann in Texas at least by 1857 due to John Champion being on the census as born in TX. I have never found where Roseann and Mr. Champion got married, if they got married.

Fanny listed the birthplace of her father at different times on census as MO, AL, TN, and then on the 1930 census finally lists him as being from Northern Ireland. I guess there was shame there in admitting he was from Ireland.

Fanny married John Enox and lived and died in Red River county where she is buried with her husband and many other family members.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
oldthingsforg... 4 Mar 2014 3:20PM GMT 
meekernj 5 Mar 2014 12:03AM GMT 
oldthingsforg... 5 Mar 2014 3:50AM GMT 
meekernj 5 Mar 2014 8:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions