Search for content in message boards

Roseann, Roseanne, Rose Ann, Rose Anne, called "Annie" married a William Bryan/Bryant

Replies: 3

Roseann, Roseanne, Rose Ann, Rose Anne, called "Annie" married a William Bryan/Bryant

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 8:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Unknown
Searching for a woman that was the mother of my great grandmother. All I know is that her name was "Rose Ann." The correct spelling is not known.

Here is what has been told to me:

Rose Ann was shown on a census as working in a "whore house" in Kentucky. (I don't know if it was actually listed as such, or was just called that due to her working as a prostitute.)

I was not given her last name. This "Rose Ann" leaves Kentucky on a train for Texas and arrives in Clarksville, Red River county Texas on the very first train to pull in to that station.

She then is married at some point to a William Bryan or Bryant and has a daughter Fanny - my great grandmother.

When Fanny is an older woman she has one of her younger sons and his wife live with her for many years. It is a daughter of that couple (son and daughter-in-law) that remembers that there was never any family visits or talk about the family from which Fanny came. Only this information that Rose Ann had either worked as a prostitute or worked in the "whore house" as some other type worker.

Not much to go on, and just a story of some poor person moving to look for a better life I suppose. But I would be very interested if anyone knows how to search the Kentucky census for a "house of ill repute," "whore house," or whatever search criteria could be used to find such a person??? Is it even possible to search on the occupation?

Sorry, but this is all I have to go on. Hoping to some day find Rose Ann and put her with a family name.

PJ
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
oldthingsforg... 4 Mar 2014 3:20PM GMT 
meekernj 5 Mar 2014 12:03AM GMT 
oldthingsforg... 5 Mar 2014 3:50AM GMT 
meekernj 5 Mar 2014 8:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic