Search for content in message boards

Vaughn, Mary

Replies: 4

Re: Vaughn, Mary

Posted: 20 Mar 2014 2:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Sharon, thank you so very much for trying to help me with this search. I have all the information you listed but was so intreagued by the death certificate being wrong and the name. Uncle Poley was not one to get things wrong like that, but it is possible. I found last night in a1860 census that
there was a family of Vaughn living near my greatgrand father before Sidney was born. I have found two Mary Vaughns in the wayne county my family lived in, but in order for her to have sired my grandfather she would have had to be twelve or thirteen. I have come to belive that she was not in fact Sidney's mother, but could have possiblly had a child by Benjamin or one of the other Becks of that time period. Benjamin had several sons. Any of which could have fathered a child by her. There were two Mary Vaughns that had Uncles who lived in Tenn. It is such a mystery to me. I have seen pictures of Sidney with half the pictures torn off and a small child sitting on his lap. Another fact that makes me wonder is, at nineteen Sidney was ingaged to a young women and for some unknown reason, she broke or he broke I am not sure which, the engagement off.
He left and went to Texas for two years. He never married until he was fourty years old and married my grandmother when she was twenty. thank you so much for your time and efforts.
janice
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
janice cook 17 Mar 2014 11:58PM GMT 
jefferspam 18 Mar 2014 12:29AM GMT 
meekernj 19 Mar 2014 1:11AM GMT 
meekernj 19 Mar 2014 1:52PM GMT 
janice cook 20 Mar 2014 8:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions