Search for content in message boards

William Green? Burrow 9, April 1884 Arkansas?

Replies: 3

William Green? Burrow 9, April 1884 Arkansas?

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 6:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burough, Burr, Burroughs, Burrow, Burrows, Simpkins, Potter, King, Kirby, Carter, Prater
REVISED!!!!! CAN someone please do a birth LOOKUP for FULTON County, Arkansas and a Obit Search in Craighead County, I guess? That is where he died. I AMSTUCK AT A BURROW BRICK WALL. MY  MYSTERY GREAT GRANDFATHER, WILLIAM BURROW! Please help! 
I am Johnita Kaye Burrow daughter of Johnnie Lee Burrow 1954/2003 & Joyce Kay Hogue (adopted name Lois Kay Yarbrough) of Harrisburg, Poinsett County, Arkansas.
Of Wm. Harold Burrow 1922/1976 & Patsy Jean Chamberlain 1930/2006 Also, both from Poinsett County. 
Of William "Green" Burrow (SS records show his legal name as William Burrow) born on  9 Apr 1884. We don't know where he is from! 
His WWI or WWII draft card list birth place as Mammoth Springs, Fulton County Arkansas ( but I can't find birth records there) PARENTS UNKNOWN and due to the 1890 census being gone. I am stuck. CAN someone please do a birth LOOKUP for FULTON County, Arkansas and a Obit Search in Craighead County, I guess? That is where he died.
William  raised his family mostly in Poinsett County, Arkansas. However, he married in Walnut Ridge, Lawrence, Arkansas in 1907 to Rosetta M Simpkins, of Campbell, Lawrence, Arkansas per 1900 Census. Census records show her as both Rosetta and Rosa Burrow 1888/1963. Daughter of Charles H & Mary Potter Simpkins.
"Green" & Rosetta were both buried at Crossroads Cemetery, in Portia, Lawrence, Arkansas. Is that not weird to be buried away on where you live? Did he have ties with Lawrence County?
The only clues that I may have came across are that a William Burrow lived or worked on the farm of Rosetta's older sister & her husband. The 1900 census shows her as Sallie King, maiden name Delia Ann Elizabeth Simpkins, who was married to Rofe P King. They showed up on the the 1900 census in Chalybeate & Wallace Township, Stone, Arkansas. 
Living relatives say the only story that they heard was that Williams  moms name was Susan and that his dad died 6 months after he was born and his mom stayed in Arkansas and married a man name John. They never heard of or seen his family. 
1900 census also show a William Burrow DOB 1885? in the home of John & Susan E Prater of Lave Creek, Sharp, Arkansas as Susan's 16 yr old son, Johns step son? And there is a Susan E Prater buried in the same cemetery? Could this be his mother? If so is Arbram R. Burrow that married Susan E Carter in Evening Shade, Sharp, Arkansas in Feb 1884 Williams dad?  I can't find a divorce record, so did he die? However I can't find a death record either...?... Please help,
My email is dandjlawson@yahoo.com.
Thank You!
Johnita Kaye Burrow Lawson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
johnitalawson 14 Jul 2014 12:21AM GMT 
meekernj 15 Jul 2014 1:33AM GMT 
johnitalawson 15 Jul 2014 1:45AM GMT 
thomasker2 15 Jul 2014 9:59AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic