DeLisle is small community in southern Mississippi. This area was settled in 1712 by the French as a part of Colonial Louisiana and was called "Wolf Town" until 1884. Jean Baptiste SAUCIER was the first European to settle this area. A commemorative plaque marks the location of his former property along the northern bank of the Wolf River near the point where it empties into Bay St Louis. Philippe Saucier filed a claim to this land in 1790. Early Spanish and French families included Saucier, Nicaise, Lizana, Netto , Dedeaux, Cuevas/Quave, Dubuisson, Grelot.