Search for content in message boards

Louis Antoine Juchereau de St.Denis

Replies: 6

Re: Louis Antoine Juchereau de St.Denis

Posted: 30 Sep 2001 1:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Mar 2002 3:06PM GMT
Dear Bonita,

I would love to have a copy of the family tree you mentioned that is in the book "Natchitoches:The Up-To-Date Oldest Town in Louisiana". I checked the Birmingham Alabama Library's online catalog, and we don't have that one.

My ancestor, Joachin de Ortega y Prieto, married Marie Damasainte of the De Soto-St. Denys clan in Louisiana. I knew nothing about our DeSoto-St. Denys relatives until I started researching my Morein/Ortego family. My paternal grandmother was Marie Adiede Ortego, d/o Jean Baptiste Ortego and Louisa LaHaye.

Winston De Ville, F.A.S.G., well-known historian and genealogist wrote a nice piece for "La Voix des Prairies" (No. 10) on my ancestor "Joachin de Ortega y Prieto: The Spanish Ancestry of a Gateway Pioneer in Colonial Louisiana". I found a copy in the Evangeline Parish Library in Ville Platte.

My dad spoke of other ancestors, but for some reason, never mentioned DeSoto-St. Denys. I was thrilled to find a picture of my 2nd greatgrandfather, Pierre Felix Morin, who was born in 1819 in Pointe-a-Pitre, Quadeloupe. I asked my cousin who now has the picture how she happened to have it. She said her dad wanted the picture and simply took it from his father's house. When I asked about other pictures, she said the house from which Pierre Felix's picture came burned and all it's contents burned wit it!

Avec mes meilleurs seniments
(with my very best wishes)
Rosie Morein Wells
Birmingham, AL
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
EmileeChamber... 25 Aug 2001 5:14PM GMT 
Bonita DeRosier Smith 29 Aug 2001 4:52PM GMT 
Emilee Chamberlin 30 Aug 2001 9:07PM GMT 
Morein 30 Sep 2001 7:41PM GMT 
Bonita DeRosier Smith 3 Oct 2001 2:56AM GMT 
Morein 3 Oct 2001 3:46PM GMT 
Rhett2013 31 Dec 2012 10:47PM GMT