Search for content in message boards

Spillers Spiller Spillar Swift --so many questions, so few answers-- Hit the brick wall, Help!!!

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 8

Spillers Spiller Spillar Swift --so many questions, so few answers-- Hit the brick wall, Help!!!

Posted: 26 Jan 2009 7:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Spillers, spiller, Spillar, Swift
I have hit a brick wall in my geneology search and perhaps someone can help connect a few dots or fill in a few blanks.
I am look for information about Willie Mack Spillers. He is the grandfather of Maggie, Sandra, Robert, Mack and Mert, Charles, Sammy Jack, Sue, and Kathy Spillers (parents Mack Theodore "Dago" and Lealer Mae Patton Spillers.) He had a twin sister who married Willie Gore in Columbia and they had several children: Billy Ray, Fred, James Lee, Robert and Myrtle.
Willie Mack Spillers was born Sept. 1876 and died at 99 years old.
He was married to Mollie Swift, --Nugent, and --Bamburg.
His father was born in Louisiana and his mother was born in Alabama... who were they?
She was the mother of Mollie, Ollie, and Buzzie Swift. She was the mother in law of Willie Mack Spillers and raised his son Mack Theodore "Dago" after Mollie died in childbirth until she died. She was buried on the side of the old Filhiol Watkins Indian Mound just south of Fondale.
She was born March 1852 (or 1846-- the SSDI) in Louisiana. Her dad was born in Alabama and mother in Georgia. It is reported that she was a cherokee indian, which the only information I can find about the Cherokee coming to Louisiana is that the Cherokee with any money migrated west from Alabama before the government eradication began, so there are not many records. I do not know whether Swift is her married name or if she never married, as I cant find anything about her husband. Dago Spillers had said that his grandfather was a trapper.

Please email me at Scrapn4mymiracle@aol.com if you can add any clues to this family tree.
Thanks in advance!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
scrapn4mymira... 26 Jan 2009 2:31PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 18 Jun 2009 9:03PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 18 Jun 2009 9:07PM GMT 
scrapn4mymira... 19 Jun 2009 3:06PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 18 Jun 2009 9:08PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 18 Jun 2009 9:13PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 18 Jun 2009 9:50PM GMT 
scrapn4mymira... 22 Jun 2009 4:10PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 22 Jun 2009 5:32PM GMT 
per page