Search for content in message boards

Need help for my grandson to find the grave of Bill Evans,Jazz Icon, buried in Louisiana.

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 6

Need help for my grandson to find the grave of Bill Evans,Jazz Icon, buried in Louisiana.

Posted: 10 Jun 2009 4:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Evans
I am so in hopes someone can help me find the Cemetery and directions to its location, where Bill Evans,Jazz Icon, is buried. He was born William John Evans 16 August 1929 in Plainfield,NJ, and died in New York 15 Sept. 1980, but my son tells me he was buried in Baton Rouge,LA.
My son has been a fan of Bill Evans since he was in high school. He even named a son after him. This same son and his sweet family are presently traveling to Florida from Texas for a vacation, and plan to return through New Orleans/Baton Rouge area. He wants to find Bill Evans grave so they can take pictures of his son, named Evans, at the gravesite of his namesake. I am hoping someone will see this and know where Bill Evans is buried, or knows how to find out. They will be returning to Texas in about 8 days. So I look forward to any kind response before then. Thanks Sherry in Texas
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
18blessings 10 Jun 2009 10:50PM GMT 
Mathews_Carol... 10 Jun 2009 11:36PM GMT 
Mathews_Carol... 10 Jun 2009 11:55PM GMT 
18blessings 11 Jun 2009 12:22AM GMT 
Mathews_Carol... 11 Jun 2009 1:17AM GMT 
Mathews_Carol... 11 Jun 2009 4:09AM GMT 
Mathews_Carol... 11 Jun 2009 5:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic