Search for content in message boards

Family Ties

Replies: 22

Re: Family Ties - Blueye

Posted: 7 Jan 2009 11:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blue Eye, Baptiste (Baptiste)
I too have been looking for information on Blue Eyes (Blueye, Blueeye, etc). My ggg-grandfather was Isaac J. Blue Eye, his son was Amos Blue Eye, he went to Oklahoma & enrolled himself & two of his 3 children (that i have verified) as Missippi Choctaw...his wife Celeste / Celestine didn't survive the trip. My great-grandma Ida Blue Eye was only 3 and her brother Adolphe was about 7. Other than a few small pieces of incomplete information I have been able to find next to nothing out about them. What happened to them, who they were descended from, etc. Talk about Elusive !

Anyone who has informatino on any of the Mississippi Choctaw / Choctaw Blue Eyes, any spelling please fill me in. I will happily share what little I have been able to verify. I have a bucketful of hunches and leads I'm trying to follow up on but not much is panning out. Unfortunately most of that branch of the family tree died young or disappeared entirely so there's no one left around who has any concrete information.

There a handful of Blue Eye's who are on the 1880 & 1900 Census from the same areas as Isaac's descendants but I have been unable to verify if they are related, or any additional source information for them.

My thanks in advance.

Oh, one last tidbit...Amos's mother was not Liney but a woman named Easter or Esther that it sounds like Isaac married after Liney (Liney was considerably older than Isaac). Her Choctaw name was Fil-e-ta-ho-na and Isaac's was Mon-tubbi. Easter had previously been married to a man named Baptiste, no English 1st name but Choctaw name is Hai-yak-et-ubbi. They had at least 1 child while married, Joseph Baptiste (MCR5132)...Amos's 1/2 brother. (MCR5133).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tony Brown 11 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
LAURANCH 17 May 2002 1:22AM GMT 
chahta_kc 8 Jan 2009 6:12AM GMT 
chahta_kc 10 Mar 2009 10:43AM GMT 
11944 5 Jul 2009 5:45PM GMT 
gingerhawncoo... 1 Feb 2012 4:35PM GMT 
BillyMcbride9... 23 Dec 2009 3:46PM GMT 
graceweiss32 30 May 2012 7:56AM GMT 
chahta_kc 16 Jun 2012 4:12AM GMT 
graceweiss32 18 Dec 2012 7:20AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions