Search for content in message boards

Info on Buxton's Desperately Wanted

Replies: 14

Info on Buxton's Desperately Wanted

Posted: 13 Dec 2002 2:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Apr 2004 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Buxton, Strother, Johnson, Doyle
The Oakdale area always comes up when I learn something new on the Buxton's. I know there are still Buxton's living in the Oakdale area and a Buxton reunion is held there at least every other year. I hope someone can help me. I have hit a brick wall that I can't seem to penetrate.

Seeking any information on Valentine "Tine" Buxton who lived in the Oakdale area. Tine was named as an accomplice in a shooting on May 25, 1896, and served time in Angola Prison.(Angola verified that he had served time there, they just couldn't or wouldn't tell me when). His brother Salvan (Savine, Sylvan) was also acused, but I don't how the disposition of the case against him turned out. Two Johnson cousins were also involved in the case. I think both of them served time.

Valentine was first married a Sophia Strother (daughter of Frank Strother and Mary Willis) and later married Polly Ann Johnson (daughter of W.O. Johnson and Melissa Wisby). Both Valentine and Polly Ann are buried at Oakhill Cemetery at Oakdale. Would like to know where Sophia is buried.

Also seeking info on one of Valentine's and Sophia's son's, Sherrod "Shirley" Buxton married first to Lucinda Doyle and later to Ellen Johnson. Any information regarding this family (ancestors and descendants) would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
donnablaisdel... 13 Dec 2002 9:45PM GMT 
Carolyn 22 Mar 2003 11:41AM GMT 
lloridarlan 15 Feb 2007 3:46AM GMT 
lloridarlan 15 Feb 2007 3:53AM GMT 
donnablaisdel... 25 Feb 2007 7:53PM GMT 
lloridarlan 29 Mar 2007 2:40AM GMT 
lloridarlan 19 Jul 2007 1:27AM GMT 
donnablaisdel... 31 Jul 2007 1:27AM GMT 
sonniercrwly 19 Nov 2007 2:09PM GMT 
donnablaisdel... 20 Nov 2007 2:02AM GMT 
per page