Search for content in message boards

Louisiana Villeneuve's

Replies: 1

Louisiana Villeneuve's

Posted: 21 Mar 2002 2:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jan 2003 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: Villeneuve, Babin, Estrade, Bouligny
Here are some "lost" or "unidentified" Villeneuve's I have run across while researching the Catholic Church records of the Diocese of Baton Rouge. Does anyone know anything about them?

There is a Joseph Villeneuve married to Melvina Bouligny. They had at least one child - a son named Henri born Aug 24 1884. I don't know who this Joseph belongs to, do you? (Church records of Immaculate Conception according to Dio of BR records).

I also found a Joseph Villeneuve who was buried Aug 10 1886 Ascension Parish(records of St Theresa church according to Dio of BR). No age or other info given.

There is a Louise Palmyre Villineuve born 24 July 1880 to Samuel Villineuve and Anaise (sic). Records from St Mary's Church at Pt Coupee according to Dio of BR records.

There is a Marie Herminia Villeneuve born 15 Nov 1876 in Ascension Parish. Parents are Georges Villeneuve and Honora Bourgeois. Sponsors were Joseph Villeneuve and Espasie Babin.

Do you know anything about August Villeneuve and Marie Estrade, the parents of Joseph Villeneuve (the sponsor above)? Joseph and Celeste Aspasie Babin were married Oct 29 1860 in Ascension Parish. They had the following children: Marie Luce, Celestine Elisa, Marie Julienne, Joseph Edgard, Onigle Eugenie, and Marguerite Olivia. This info from the Dio of BR records.

I found 2 Francois Villeneuve's in the Dio of BR records as follows:

"Francois (son of Villeneuve (sic) and Rosalie NOM, res. at Mr. Eugene's at Bayou grosse Tete) born 2 Dec 1865. Sponsors Arthur Boiteux and Regina Angne"

and

"Francois (son of Francois Villeneuve and Lucie (sic), res at Mrs. Parlange's) born 26 May 1867 (sponsors Alexis (sic) and Helene (sic).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Denise Villeneuve Villareal

PS my old email addresses were neecyv@cs.com and
dkay719@aol.com in case anyone tried to reach me before.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
neecy4410763 21 Mar 2002 9:58PM GMT 
Bernadette George 2 Apr 2002 1:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions