Search for content in message boards

Fitzhugh, Denegre, Dorsey, Massie, Gibb - one family on 1880 Census

Replies: 0

Fitzhugh, Denegre, Dorsey, Massie, Gibb - one family on 1880 Census

Posted: 17 Sep 2011 11:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Dec 2011 10:04PM GMT
Surnames: Fitzhugh, Denegre, Dorsey, Massie, Gibb
I have a difficult to sort family on the 1880 Fed Census. I can't absolutely confirm the mother's married name, but I am reasonably sure of it. But can't find anyone with the the name, and the family is complicated! So:
Lucy Fitzhugh (mom b. abt 1824 Virginia) has 3 children living with her, none with her name: Elsie Griffen (b 1853), Frederick Denegre (b '58) and Amanda Dorsey (b '65). So Fred's father would be Denegre - leading me to conjecture all of her children are, but I can find no matching Denegre's, or Fitzhughs. She and her daughters are all married, but I find no husbands for her of Elsie. Mrs. Fitzhugh has a grandson Josiah Massie (b '70) whose father John W,(b '49) is married and a boarder but not her son-in-law, suggesting he might be a widow of another daughter who died and he remarried and gave the boy his name (or something more complex, maybe). Then she has another grandaughter Eliza Gibbs, (b 76) with no apparent parent. Finally her daughter Amanda ('65) is married to Henry, '57, and they have her last granddaughter, Rebecca (b '79.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions