Smith & Ponthieu(x) from Avoyelles/Rapides Parish

Replies: 1

Smith & Ponthieu(x) from Avoyelles/Rapides Parish

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 8:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Feb 2012 11:34AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Ponthieu
Hello,
I am inquiring more so about my Smith family line than the Ponthieu(x) family line.

My great X2 grandfather was Ralph Smith. His parents were William Smith & Isma Virginie Ponthieu. Isma was the daughter of Benjamin Ponthieu(x) and Julia Mayeux. I have no earthy idea whom William's parents are and I have no birth information for him.

Isma Virginie Ponthieu
BORN: December 27, 1868
BAPTISMAL: 1869 St Paul the Apostle Catholic Church in Mansura LA
MARRIAGE: October 5, 1887 Avoyelles Parish (Book E, Page 665)
DEATH: December 6, 1937 (Per death certificate obtained from Louisiana Archives in Baton Rouge Louisiana).
BURIAL: ???? (She has two death certificates, one having the birth date wrong but everything else matches. One death certificate says "Egg Bend", the other says "5th". One of these states she was a widow and one states she was divorced. Very confusing information at this point.
INFORMANT ON DEATH CERTIFICATE: Ralph Smith

Per baptismal certificates from St Frances deSalles Catholic Church in Echo, LA ...I can only match up three children to William & Isma at this time. If there are any other baptismal records I do not have them.

Leontine Smith born February 9, 1895
Rof Jules Smith (Ralph) born March 16, 1897
Annie Smith born July 1, 1899

I have not found any further information on Leontine Smith.

Ralph Jules Smith was married twice: 1) Mary Lenat Guillot (baptismal name is Senat Guillot) on August 28, 1914 in Avoyelles Parish (Book 2, Page 424) AND 2) Mary Florentine Lachney on November 25, 1936 in Avoyelles Parish (Book 15, Page 334). Ralph & Senat had two sons and one daughter (Harold, Cleveland & Lovenia) & Ralph & Florentine had two sons (Andrew & Hillary).

Annie Smith I believe to be the same Annie Smith that married Adolph Bonnette.

Senat was born July 6, 1900 to Leon Guillot & Lovinia Dauzat. She was said to be married 4 times but I have only found marriage licenses for three of those marriages (Ralph Smith, Joe Laborde, Antonio Medici & Kirby Rabalais). Senat died November 24, 1964 and is buried at St Joseph Catholic Church Cemetery #1 in Marksville LA.

Florentine was born August 16, 1906 to Cletus Oneal Lachney & Maria Leontine Lachenais and died on February 12, 1972 buried @ St Frances deSalles Catholic Church Cemetery in Echo, LA. She was married once before Ralph to Azenor Armon Dupuy of which Elsie Josephine Dupuy was born.

Ralph Jules Smith died April 7, 1947 per his obituary published April 9, 1947 in The Town Talk; Alexandria, LA. He is buried @ St Frances deSalles Catholic Church Cemetery in Echo, LA. His informant on his death certificate obtained from Louisiana Archives is listed as William Smith. Is this his father as the informant? I do not know.

I think I have pretty much summed up the sourced documents I have on my research.

I would like to learn more information on William Smith. I prefer documented or sourced information only. I have lots of jotted notes from others public family trees & stories that I have been told that have left me running around in circles.

Its time to move forward with this brickwall. I appreciate any helpful information anyone can possibly share with me. Also if anyone has pictures they would share, I have very few I can share back.

Please email me @ Cherrie.Bearden@gmail.com

Thank you,
Cherrie
Great great granddaughter of Ralph Smith & Senat Guillot
Great great great granddaughter of William Smith & Isma Ponthieu
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
csbearden 14 Sep 2011 2:59AM GMT 
csbearden 9 Feb 2012 5:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic