Search for content in message boards

Valery Dufour(s)

Replies: 3

Valery Dufour(s)

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 2:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
I've been research my Avoyelles history using a library copy of "Some Early Families of Avoyelles Parish, Vol 1" and I've come across a mystery that I can't solve using just this resource.

I've come across mention of several Valery Defours, some obviously sons of others and I'm trying to straight them out.

Valery Dufour I m. Marie Louise Rabalais on 27 Sep 1806
Valery Dufour II m. Felonise LaCour on 20 Jul 1830
Valery Dufour III m. Clara Mayeux on 27 Jan 1852

Valery Dufour II b. on 25 Oct 1810

Does all of that sound correct? I need to plow through some Federal Census records but I thought I'd check with the brain trust.

Also, on pgs. 90-91 There's mention of Eugenie Dufour, daughter of Charles Dufour II and Eulalie Decuir, marrying in 1830 her cousin Martin, son of Valery Dufour and Marie Rabalais.

Following that it list as Eugenie's brother, a Valery Defour, marrying a Marie Rabalais.

Seems improbable. Anyone have any more info?

I'm also looking to confirm that Pamela Dufour born 1839 is indeed the daughter of Valery Dufour II and F. LaCour.

Lastly, I'd like to find copies of both Early Familes of Avoyelles 1 & 2 for purchase for my own collection. Can anyone point me to a source?

Thanks all....
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cjlacour 25 Feb 2013 9:27PM GMT 
11944 12 Mar 2013 3:47AM GMT 
cjlacour 20 Mar 2013 12:58AM GMT 
Guillory98 25 Aug 2013 5:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions