Replies: 8

Re: 1910 Louisiana

Cornelia Fenenga Warner (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2003 3:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Desselle, Abel, Cutter, Herbert
hi, Dana!
I'm really glad you contacted me!
she is Maureen, not Marilyn, and Robert is correct. do you remember Alida and Brian, Maureen's children? I live next door to Alida, I am the fiancee of a first cousin of Maureen's. we needed to move, asked around and they said "come up here!" so here we are. I am Cornelia Fenenga Warner, and my fiance is Edwin Kellyn Moore, best known as Kelly. he and Maureen grew up together for a while.
Maureen asked me to research her father's side, since I was already well into her mother's side (Kelly's side, as well), and I tried, but there isn't much on the Desselle's online. I found a neat history on their beginnings in France, Canada and Louisiana, but that's about it. I did find Marion in the California Death Index, and that gave me his mother's maiden name. I had posted on this list hoping for a census look-up so I could get some information for Maureen, but haven't had one-Louisiana is a quieter area than most in the census look-up line.
do you remember any of Marion's ancestry? even his parents and some siblings names elude us. when I mentioned Cutter, Maureen remembered Cutter, Leroy and Lillian Desselle, but wasn't sure of their relationships-cousins of hers of some sort was the best she could do. also an Alida Desselle came up in an earlier discussion, and she remembered the name Herbert and thought it may have been used as a given name and also a surname. and she believed Marion's middle name, Abel, was a surname from some part of the family. she couldn't remember anything else beyond that. anything ring a bell?
well, that's it in a nutshell. I'll let Maureen (who lives down at the end of our street) know that you contacted me. if you want to contact either of them, let me know and I'll pass it along.
regards,
Cornelia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cornelia Fenenga Warner 29 Mar 2003 6:44AM GMT 
ooooThelma 23 Apr 2003 7:40PM GMT 
Cornelia Fenenga Warner 23 Apr 2003 9:56PM GMT 
Dana Desselle 23 Apr 2003 11:25PM GMT 
Cornelia Fenenga Warner 24 Apr 2003 1:10AM GMT 
ooooThelma 24 Apr 2003 1:32AM GMT 
dale1939 29 Nov 2012 1:37AM GMT 
dale1939 29 Nov 2012 1:47AM GMT 
fdobear 6 Jun 2005 7:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions