Search for content in message boards

Surnames: Hill, McCollough/McCullough, Box, Lee, Reed, Martin

Replies: 2

Surnames: Hill, McCollough/McCullough, Box, Lee, Reed, Martin

Sam Crook (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2004 8:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was born in Glenmora, Louisiana, but I have been in Texas since I was seventeen. Now, years later, I am trying to find as much info as possible about the above surnames, located in Calcasieu, Vernon, Beauregard, and Allen Parishes. I would also like to find any relatives or descendants of the following:

My g-g-grandfather, John Alexander Hill and wife, Martha Ann Box, are listed on the 1860 Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana, Census. I am looking for parents and/or siblings of both "Alexander"/ "Alex" Hill and Martha Ann Box.

Does anyone have any info on their son, Asa, called "Ace" Hill?

My g-grandfather, was Nicholas Monroe (N.M.) Hill and his wife, Marietta/Mary Etta McCollough/McCullough. Was she the daughter of Leslie McCollough/McCullough?

My grandfather, William Alexander Hill, married Lucinda Reed, daughter of William Franklin Reed and Lydia Martin. My g-g-grandfather was Valentine Reed. Does anyone have any additional info - who were his parents? his wife's name?

My grandfather, William Alexander Hill, was a deacon in Arkadelphia Baptist Church. Does anyone have any Church records?

Does anyone have info on which "Hill" donated land for the Hill-Mathis Cemetery?

I do have some info and will share. I will appreciate any additional information.
Thanks,
Frances Hill Crook
samcrook@sbcglobal.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sam Crook 2 May 2004 2:48AM GMT 
PatsyKennedy6... 6 Oct 2004 7:35PM GMT 
royfrusha 20 Jun 2012 4:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic