Search for content in message boards

Michael Aloysius Kelly

Replies: 1

Michael Aloysius Kelly

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 4:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
As you will shortly see if you read through this message, I am totally confused about the subject person. My son-in-law is a grandchild of Michael Aloysius Kelly and his wife(?) Teresa Carribelle Evans. The 1940 Census for Caddo Parish shows both living in the household of her sister, Lillian Robertson. Both Carribelle and Lillian were born in Illinois. Michael was born in Ireland. Though he was born 20 AUG 1877 and was 62 at the time of this Census, he is shown as 52. Carribelle is 23. In the 1920 Census, Michael is shown in the household of Madeline Jelsch in Shreveport. He is shown married to her daughter, Cecelia. The 1930 Census continues to show him in the same household, now with a daughter, Margaret. That all seems pretty straight forward, though I have not yet found any marriage record or any reference to Michael Aloysius Kelly from the time he came from Ireland, about 1885.

The major problem is this: no one in the family of Michael and Carribelle seems to know anything about the first marriage(?) to Cecelia Jelsch. In fact, the 1940 Census shows Cecelia Kelly living with her son-in-law, Ivan Cunningham, who is married to Michael and Cecelia's daughter, shown in this Census as Mary. Cecelia is shown as widowed. What is the true situation? Are Cecelia and Michael Aloysius divorced? Has he just left and started another family? Are Michael and Carribelle actually married? Were he and Cecelia ever actually married? To further confuse the issue, when Michael Aloysius Kelly filed his World War II Draft Registration, he names is daughter, Mrs. Ivan Cunningham as the person who would always know where he was. Where was Carribelle? She lived until 1969, so it seems strange that he would use the daughter from a previous marriage as a contact.

Help!!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rltucker40 15 Aug 2012 10:03PM GMT 
11944 9 Feb 2013 5:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions