Search for content in message boards

Matilda and Marie on a plantation

Replies: 1

Matilda and Marie on a plantation

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 4:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Recently in working on family historis in Caddo Parish, these two names have come into play. Whether they are just a story or fact I have no way of knowing at this particular time. Supposedly Matilda and Marie, who went by the name of Katie were sisters. Whether they were full sisters or 1/2 sisters doesn't seem to be known. Their mother may have been a black woman named Caroline, but their father was supposedly white. The information I have is sketchy at best, but Matilda was known to her 1/2 brothers and sisters and was highly thought of. In fact the story goes that at her death one of her 1/2 white brothers insisted that she be buried on the family plantation in close proximity to the man that was alledgedly her father or uncle. As to Marie/Katie I have been told that she lived in the Shreveport area and had childen by a man named Booten, Booden or something close to that.

I know the time frame for these two would have been sometime probably between the 1850's to 1870's.

I would certainly like to figure if this is just some story that has been created or if there is any factual information here.

Thank you for any help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Charlotte JON... 7 Mar 2013 11:25AM GMT 
Isabelle45 15 Apr 2013 9:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions