Search for content in message boards

SIMEON THOMAS

Replies: 15

Re: SIMEON THOMAS

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 6:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Joseph Baptista de Labaume
I am reading your message thread posted October 11, 2011.

Which statement is incorrect? The first part or the last part?

I'm a little confused...

William Mitchell LaBaume is my 2nd great grandfather. Just not sure which Joseph de Labaume was his father. As I researched I found Joseph Baptista de La Baume as well as a Joseph de LaBaume.

I have a story of one of their fathers: Joseph De La Baume called "Footprints in a Pioneer Land" that some people believe to be our 4th great grandfather, but I'm not convinced. He was an historical figure in Texas history. In this Story, his Will says he was born in 1731 in Avignon, France, the first son of Jose Philipe, Count de la Baume.
He married Ana Maris Kentree in Louisiana in 1778- no children were born of this marriage.
Nacogdoches marriage records from 1824 notes he married Louise Cuturie around 1793 who had a small child at the time of their marriage named Valerio which he reared as his son and gave his name. He had three children with Louise Cuturie: Victoria, Joseph and Gertrude.

Is this son, the "Joseph" who married Babet Colon Lazare??? Two of their children were definitely identified as W. Mitchell born 1827 (my 2nd great grandfather) and Hypolite, born 1829.

This Story said there appeared to be one or perhaps two other Joseph Labaume's in Ouachita County and stated one of the Joseph's was the son of Valerio Labaume who is mentioned above.

My hope is that someone can shed some light on William Mitchell LaBaume's father and grandfather so we can complete our family tree.

Thank you.
Jane
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
davidkstorms 22 Oct 2002 3:38AM GMT 
s LRobbie 22 Oct 2002 1:33PM GMT 
davidkstorms 23 Oct 2002 3:28AM GMT 
jim2172 13 Jul 2003 8:01PM GMT 
sylviabisnar 15 Oct 2011 5:24PM GMT 
LaBaumeSister... 12 Nov 2011 1:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic