Search for content in message boards

Mary "Mamie" (nee FARMER WARREN NEAL

Replies: 0

Mary "Mamie" (nee FARMER WARREN NEAL

Posted: 22 May 2012 11:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FARMER, WARREN, NEAL
I am researching Mary "Mamie" (nee FARMER) WARREN NEAL. Mamie was born in Louisiana (not sure exactly where) on Dec 17, 1869. Her parents were Rufus and Amanda FARMER.

Mamie was a graduate of Mansfield Ladies College in DeSoto Parish in 1888.

She married Dr. Reube Gentry WARREN on Feb 28, 1894 in DeSoto Parish. Her husband, Dr. WARREN passed away on Mar 21, 1896. In 1898, their only child, Reuben Gentry Warren, Jr. passed away at the age of 3 years.

Mamie married William E. NEAL in August of 1907 in Shreveport. She and William lived in Texas until the time of Wiliam's death in 1932. It is my belief that Mamie moved back to Louisiana after William's passing.

William NEAL is buried in Texas, but Mamie is buried in Mansfield Cemetery, in the same plot with her first husband, Reuben WARREN and their son. Strangely, Mamie's tombstone does not reflect her marriage to William NEAL, and her name is engraved as Mamie Farmer Warren, wife of Reuben Warren.

I am not sure when Mamie died and have no information regarding her after William NEAL's death. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions