Search for content in message boards

Seeking Laffite Ancestors

Replies: 17

Re: Seeking Laffite Ancestors

Posted: 28 Feb 2009 5:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lafitte and Duke
I'm sorry for your back problems., and hope you are mending.

I had heard the rumor that our Lafittes might be related to the pirates, but my own research has not proved that to be true. I don't have any documents to prove or disprove this though, and my own research has been fed by alot by others work and a lot of online research. My orginal information came from Robert Taylor, and so I had a basic outline of names and locations, most of which hae proved to be acurate.
I don't have any documentation beyond Azelia's parents, but the records that I added came from reliable sources and was documented.

The family I discovered is amazing and is such an interesting and vibrant part of the history of America, France and Mexico, that it has been a thrill to learn about them.

I use Family Tree Maker for my genealogy program, and I can't find an easy way to share with you the ancestors of Azelia...so I'm going to try to attach a family tree. This leaves much to be desired, but at least it is a start.

Enjoy,
Lauren
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lkaumann 1 Mar 2009 12:27AM GMT 
TreviaWBeverl... 1 Mar 2009 1:41AM GMT 
Karen Wall 1 Mar 2009 2:21AM GMT 
lkaumann 2 Mar 2009 7:52PM GMT 
lkaumann 2 Mar 2009 11:50PM GMT 
Karen Wall 3 Mar 2009 1:11PM GMT 
Karen Wall 3 Mar 2009 1:11PM GMT 
traceyahlaak 22 Mar 2012 11:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions