Search for content in message boards

Obituary of Ella V. Carter Bristo

Replies: 7

Re: Obituary of Ella V. Carter Bristo

Posted: 22 Jun 2012 11:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Phillip,

I'm so happy to hear that you've started a tree, and I can't wait to check it out. Yes, saddly, Carolyn passed away last March. She had asthma, and she wound up with an infection that she couldn't fight. My Mom, bless her, has had a very difficult time, as you can imagine, but is doing well. I will relay your good wishes. I have been sharing with her the news that we have been in contact, and she is so very happy.

Oh, I know it's very late notice, the some of us are getting together for a family picnic tomorrow from 11:00a - 6:00p in Sunnyvale. I'll send you the information separately. Please let me know if you'll be able to drop by and I'll leave yuor name at the gate.

I'm so happy to hear that you've requested the death certificates. That's one thing that I just haven't had a chance to do, even though it's at the top of my to do list.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have. That's my entire point in keeping the family history, so that I'm not the only one who knows. Our grandmother, Corrie Lee Tyler Howard, was only married once, to T.L. Howard. Each of her children had different fathers. Grandmother and T.L. had one daughter, Jerry, who unfortunately passed away at the age of 4 months of whooping cough. Aunt Irma's father was named Will Stitch. I haven't any information on him, but I am searching and will share what I find.

There isn't alot of information on "Grandma Judy." We're not sure exactly how she was related. (I've heard her referred to as "Aunt Judy" by Uncle Charles.) Uncle Charles told me that he barely remembered her, but that she used to live on land behind Aunt Net. My Mother has a vague recollection of her as well. She would have been gg grandfather Dennis Carter's mother, but all I know about his early life is that he was born somewhere in Texas, possibly Panola County. This is a part of my research that is a bit stalled. I've found many Carters all over East Texas, but haven't had much luck in linking them to us.

Peace and blessings,

Debra
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Debra Burley 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
higginspe 23 May 2012 5:35AM GMT 
Debra Burley 23 May 2012 9:22PM GMT 
higginspe 26 May 2012 7:28AM GMT 
Debra Burley 21 Jun 2012 9:12PM GMT 
higginspe 22 Jun 2012 5:23AM GMT 
Debra Burley 22 Jun 2012 5:45PM GMT 
higginspe 23 Jun 2012 1:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions