Search for content in message boards

Obituary of Ella V. Carter Bristo

Replies: 7

Re: Obituary of Ella V. Carter Bristo

Posted: 21 Jun 2012 11:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jun 2012 11:24PM GMT
Hello, Debra,

Glad to hear from you and to know that all is well! I had a chance to check out the Burley/Simpkins Family tree a few nights ago, and I was so amazed by all the hard work you put into it that I began my own tree called P Higgins Family Tree. However, Charisse and I was stunned and saddened to learn for the first time about your sister, Carolyn. Tell your mom that we will keep you all in our prayers.

A few months ago, I sent off for a few death certificates from the State of Louisiana, including my mother's father and her paternal grandparents, Banks Lane, Rev. AB Lane, and Effie Lane, our grandmother Cora Lee Tyler Howard, and Oliver Simpkins. Oliver Simpkins death certificate came with a nice little newspaper write-up which I will be posting in a few days. Rev. AB Lane's certificate came with a newspaper article that explains how he was struck by lightning.

I did have lots of questions but they might take up a lot of your time. So if you can just think about the following two questions, it will help my research:

1) I noticed on Cora Lee Tyler Howard's death certificate that her husband's name was T. Z. Howard. Do you know if this might be Aunt Irma's father?

2) I found a court document online called Matthews Versus Carter involving Granddaddy Carter and some of his relatives over some land in Mansfield. This document which you can only access via Google included testimony in 1962 from Aunt Net and Uncle William on behalf of Granddaddy Carter. That document states that Granddaddy Carter's grandmother, Judie Carter Thomas, sold him some land in 1925 which he fenced. My question is do you know anything about this lady, Judie Carter Thomas? Her name seems to suggest that she might have been married twice, once to a man named Carter and latter to a man named Thomas. What do you think?

God Bless,

Phillip
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Debra Burley 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
higginspe 23 May 2012 5:35AM GMT 
Debra Burley 23 May 2012 9:22PM GMT 
higginspe 26 May 2012 7:28AM GMT 
Debra Burley 21 Jun 2012 9:12PM GMT 
higginspe 22 Jun 2012 5:23AM GMT 
Debra Burley 22 Jun 2012 5:45PM GMT 
higginspe 23 Jun 2012 1:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions