Search for content in message boards

Obituary of Ella V. Carter Bristo

Replies: 7

Re: Obituary of Ella V. Carter Bristo

Posted: 26 May 2012 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jun 2012 8:37AM GMT
Hello Debra,

It is so nice to hear from you. How is Aunt Alma, Carolyn, and Gale doing? Charisse is doing fine, and is as beautiful as ever. We are living a wonderful life in Victorville, Ca. Several years ago, we were blessed to purchase a new two story home for a very low price. All of us are in good health. We also started a Bible Study in our home that has grown into what is now the Trinity Baptist Church Family. Our children are now grown-up. Joaquin lives in Arlington, Texas and is planning to get married in October 2013. Jonathan is currently in Santa Monica working in Graphic Designs. Samuel is going to college in Chicago, and working for a marketing firm there. Bianca is going to Long Beach City College, and she has an apartment near her school. Belinda had brain surgery in 2009, but she is in good spirits and comfortably living with us. Also, we have three wonderful grandchildren, who are the joy of our lives. Charisse and I will have been married 34 years this December and life couldn't be better. I still teach at an Elementary School in Long Beach, and I commute out there from Monclair each day, nine months out of the year. It's kind of like how I use to live when I was going to seminary in New Jersey and working in Philadelphia back in the late 1970's.

Last summer, I started researching the Higgins family via Ancestry.com. What started from simple curiosity ended up a 60 page report which I forwarded to my cousin Ronald Higgins. Ronald is the president of the California African-American Genealogical Society. I would be happy to send you a copy, but please keep in mind that it is still a work in progress. It is Ronald's intentions to publish this report as a small book on the Higgins family once the work is completed, so you would be one of the few individuals made privy to our findings. Let me know if you would like to see the document. My email is higgins_pe@yahoo.com. Tell everyone we said hello!

Love, Phillip and Charisse and Family

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Debra Burley 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
higginspe 23 May 2012 5:35AM GMT 
Debra Burley 23 May 2012 9:22PM GMT 
higginspe 26 May 2012 7:28AM GMT 
Debra Burley 21 Jun 2012 9:12PM GMT 
higginspe 22 Jun 2012 5:23AM GMT 
Debra Burley 22 Jun 2012 5:45PM GMT 
higginspe 23 Jun 2012 1:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions