Search for content in message boards

Obituary of Ella V. Carter Bristo

Replies: 7

Obituary of Ella V. Carter Bristo

Posted: 30 Jun 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 2 Jan 2002 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: Baldwin, Carter, Simpkins, Pegues, Copeland, Tyler
Dictated by Ella Vernetta "Net" Carter Bristo to Maggie C. Neal on December 17, 1997. This is my obituary.

"I' Ella Vernetta Carter Bristo, was born May 11, 1921. My mother and father were Belle Beatrice Simpkins Tyler Carter and Manuel Carter. I attended the DeSoto Parish Training School and graduated in May 1939. After graduation, I attended Shreveport Barber and Beauty College. I have been self-employed as a beautician for fifty-seven years here in Mansfield, Louisiana.

I joined the St. John Baptist Church under the pastorship of the Rev. Bradley Taylor on a Monday and was baptized on the second Sunday, May 12, 1929. I worked at St. John Baptist Church faithfully in many positions until 1952, when I organized with the St. Luke Baptist Church after St. John Baptist Church's disagreement with where the new church's location should be. I still remain a member of the St. Luke Baptist Church.

I married Private William Bristo on September 28, 1943. He was given a ten-day leave to come home aboard the Texas Pacific Railroad System. We married on September 28, 1943 and on September 30, 1943, he returned to duty and I did not see him again until 28 months and 21 days had passed.

Fraternal Affiliation and Community Affairs: I joined the Queen Esther Chapter #94 OES in 1962, and I was initiated into the Higher House in 1970. I have served as Star Points secretary, treasurer, and grand commander chief. In 1984, I was appointed to the Royal House for the State of Louisiana.
In June, 1945, I became Associate Matron Star of Hope Grand Chapter OES for the State of Louisiana and presently continue that membership until now.

In May 1969, I started as grounds keeper for the Union Cemetary and the Benevolent Cemetary here in Mansfield. For over 30 years, I have been working with their memorial societies.

To cherish my memories, I leave: Dr. Lionel DeCarlo Bristo of Chino Hills, CA, William "Lloyd" Bristo, II of New Orleans, LA, Novella Bristo Clay Coleman of Pinevile, LA, and Ora Diann Bristo Conner of Prarieville, LA.

My twelve (12) grandchildren who are: Brian DeCarlo Bristo (1969), Dawn Marie Bristo (1974), Rashad DeMar Bristo (1974), Nakisha Leann Conner (1977), Angel Bernaette Clay (1977), Rachel Davette Clay (1978), LeKisha Conner (1978), William Lloyd Bristo, III (1979), David Armstead "D.J." Clay (1980), Michael Lee Conner (1987) twins Christine Renee and Jonahan DeCarlo Conner (1989), and one great-grandchild, Brian'e Bristo.

My sister is Luvenia Witherspoon of Moreno Valley, CA, and my brothers are Dennis Carter of Altadena, CA, Rev. Charles Tyler of Omaha, NE and John Tyler of Desert Hot SPrings,CA. My devoted brothers-in-law are Willie "HUN" Bristo of Mansfield and Paten Bristo of Houston, Texas.

My MOTTO has always been "SHE DID WHAT SHE COULD" because the only reaon that I did not do any more is that I did not know what else to do."

My Aunt Net passed away on January 9, 1998 at her home in Mansfield, LA. By writing her own obituary she was able to share all the parts of her life that were important to her.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Debra Burley 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
higginspe 23 May 2012 5:35AM GMT 
Debra Burley 23 May 2012 9:22PM GMT 
higginspe 26 May 2012 7:28AM GMT 
Debra Burley 21 Jun 2012 9:12PM GMT 
higginspe 22 Jun 2012 5:23AM GMT 
Debra Burley 22 Jun 2012 5:45PM GMT 
higginspe 23 Jun 2012 1:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic