Search for content in message boards

Isaac Reily born 1835 can't find after 1900 census please help

Replies: 1

Isaac Reily born 1835 can't find after 1900 census please help

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 11:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Mar 2011 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Riley, Reily, Dunns, Sensley
Hello mbourgoyne1- My name is Rosemary Riley Pleasent, i live here in central Ms. my home town is Clarksdale, Ms. I have been on family search.org and i have found my father's grandfather Issac Reily born 1835 with wife Ledie born 1865 they was from Clinton, La. i see them on the 1900 census but at no time after that. What i'm asking you can you help me with is a mystery we the family have no death cert. on where when or anything on his death. They had six children, and his wife died in the Ms. delta at Alligator, MS. IN 1922. I have her death cert. I have been on the La. death index, but no luck. Some yrs. ago i and one of my cousins from Cleveland, Ohio came to Clinton and Baton Rouge and did research on the Rileys/Reileys/ Dunns/ Sensleys. The Dunns Married into these other two surnames. These are the african american families Issac was mullato even though in the census it states he's black. We have the slave records from there in Clinton with him on them. One of the names there is a MCdonald Reily the white family. Wishing you a great week and Thanks. pijowal2 Ps. The wife Ledie her maiden name was Sensley we went to visit some of them when we was in Clinton. And we went to see one lady name Bessie Dunn she was married to a Dunn. We have Ledie oldest daughter married a Dunn think this is the same family from Clinton. Thanks again. pijowal2
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pijowal2 23 Feb 2011 6:57AM GMT 
mbourgoyne1 2 May 2011 9:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic