Search for content in message boards

Shipp

Replies: 2
Posted: 1 Sep 2012 6:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shipp
I'm trying to help a friend. Below is her story in her own words.

I need all of my friends to post this on your page maybe someone else knows part of my story. I need to find my family before I die. I am the last malatto child born to a real plantation owner that I know of. Any more out there contact me. My mother was raped at 16 by my father ( she must have been beautiful) he was rich and my family had to move back to Mississippi when my mama was able to travel after I was born. You see, this is a long long story and I decided to write about it. When my grandfather and grandmother died, my father sold the rest of Shipps Plantation located still on Shipps road Wisner la. 1957 black folk didn't talk about things that happened. My father died in 1998. I never had a chance to meet him. William Shipp Jr.
Follow my story on my new page I will have excerpts from the book there. I have a white brother and sister (this is when Tears hit the pages) that has never met me! How will they react, do they know about me? I always pretended Sherri Jean and Larue Byrd were them. Y'all all know, that's the white family that did what my real white family should have done. (Prayers for Ms. Betty and Mr Jerry.) my mama's mama is 91 now and sometimes I can get her to talk about it but not much. I owe Lincoln and Franklin county my life. had we stayed in Louisiana I don't think I would be writing to you today nor would you have had the pleasure of meeting my family. My grandfather owned the town of Wisner. Today there is no record on earth that I was even born. Tears again aint never gonna finish the book.
This country has come a long way and we all owe our lives to this great land and each other. Every one of has a story. God will not rest until we unite as his children. He has not rested since Eve sined. Every day for thousands of years he has been working non stop making sure the right people come into our lives to correct sin created maybe generations before. Never call me a white folks N again. I am Me, a Child of The Creator and he washed me up and I am not gonna rest either until I do my part to help us get out of this mess. SIN. The only way is for us to just stop sinning and learn we all the same just got different color skin. Don't believe me? Just wait, we all gone see One day, and after that, it's Eternity.
I write this for all my brothers and sisters. Look at me I didn't let nothing stop me, if I wanted a certain job. I learned how to do the job and applied myself. Let's stop living off this government and create jobs. I come from a long line of farmers on both sides. My mamas family moved to the plantation as share choppers when my mama was 8 along with others families from Franklin co. Taking a chance posting this but I am 55 now gotta stop putting it off.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
deniseflynn41... 31 Aug 2012 10:20PM GMT 
Lisa_Gilmore_... 1 Sep 2012 3:45AM GMT 
deniseflynn41... 1 Sep 2012 12:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions