Search for content in message boards

JOHN A. CARLISLE FAMILY

Replies: 5

Re: JOHN A. CARLISLE FAMILY

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 12:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CARLISLE
Hello Susan,
I don't have a Johnny Carlisle from Bogolusa, LA in my records. Do you know who are his ancestors in MS and where in MS they may have been located? Too little info to know if we are related.

My Carlisle ancestors, Thomas Carlisle, with sons John B. and James Carlisle and their families, came from NC/GA to Lawrence Co., MS before 1820 and settled there. Thomas and son James died in Lawrence Co. in the 1840's. John B. died there in the 1860's. Some of their descendants scattered to other counties in MS, some went to LA, some to AR, some to TX.

I have posted to this message board info on my direct ancestor, John A. Carlisle, (son of John B. Carlisle) and his family in Grant Parish.
John A. left Lawrence Co., MS for LA in the 1840's with brothers, Thomas M., William and James M. Carlisle. Thomas M. and his family settled in Bienville Parish, LA. William and family, James M. and wife, and John A. settled for a while in Claiborne Parish, LA. James M. and wife, Huldah Prestridge, died there (or maybe in Union Co., AR) in about 1859. In the early 1860's, William, wife Sarah, and family moved to Angelina Co., TX; John A., wife Narcissa, and family moved to Rapides Parish, LA, where they are recorded in 1870, then they moved into Grant Parish, LA.

This may not tie in with your Carlisle ancestors at all. Let me know if anything here "rings a bell" and we'll try to investigate further whether or not we might be related.

Best wishes in your search,
Rebecca Lovell Lunceford
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rllunceford 31 Dec 2006 8:41AM GMT 
wilder1964 14 Apr 2010 9:57PM GMT 
rllunceford1 16 May 2010 5:52AM GMT 
rllunceford1 21 Jun 2010 7:55PM GMT 
susancsmall 9 Oct 2011 1:52PM GMT 
rllunceford1 9 Oct 2011 6:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic