Search for content in message boards

Gill

Replies: 0
Posted: 4 Feb 2012 5:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Marioneaux, Kleinpeter, Gill
Nancy Matilda Marionneaux was my GGGrandmother. She was the daughter of Marguerite Josephine Kleinpeter and Norbert Alverini Marionneaux. Nancy Matilda Marionneaux married John J Gill, son of Micheal Gill and Jeanne Phillip. John Gill died the same year he married Nacny Marionneaux,1883. They had 1 daughter, my GGrandmother, Nancy Matilda Gill who married Edward Alfred Rhodes. I am searching for any information on the Gills. Michael Gill died in 1855 from yellow fever. He was survived by his wife Jeanne and 4 children. Jeanne was the daughter of James Philipp and Mary McMeneman. The Gills and Philipps were from Ireland and I believe they came to the US in early 1850s. After Michael died Jeanne married James William Billings (dob:28 Apr 1856). I believe they moved to Pennsylvania. I would love any information, pictures, documents, etc. on the Gills, our ancestors, or descendants. (Michael was a map maker and made a map or Baton Rouge and Plaquemine. I can tell you where you can see copies of these.) I am happy to share any information I have with you as well. Please email me at lmeranta@cox-internet.com.

Find a board about a specific topic