Search for content in message boards

PEVY/PEAVY/PEEVY Ancestors in Jackson Parish

Replies: 4

PEVY/PEAVY/PEEVY Ancestors in Jackson Parish

Posted: 21 Feb 2002 1:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jun 2004 12:39AM GMT
Surnames: PEVY/PEAVY/PEEVY, SHOWS, SORRELS/SORRELLS, JONES, CARLETON, and Allied Families
I am still looking for additional info on Andrew Jackson PEVY/PEAVY/PEEVY and his wife, Sarah "Ann" Johnston, who came from Coosa county, AL to Jackson parish in 1866/1867 to settle and rebuild their lives at the end of the Civil War. He had been a soldier in the 53rd AL Cavalry for the entire period, was severely injured causing the loss of his right eye. They lived the rest of their lives in the area just east of Jonesboro, about 2 to 3 miles west of Weston, near "Halfway" creek, raising 10 children there. (Does anyone know why the creek had//has that name?) "Jack" Pevy was my gr grandfather and was descended from a prominent family in AL. His father, B ca 1800, had been in AL, coming from GA, since the earliest decades of the 1800's. They lived first in Butler co, then on to Coosa co when it ceased to be Indian Territory. Jack was born in JUN 1836 and his wife was born in JAN 1841. I don't know my Pevy/Peevy gr gr grandmother's maiden name, or much about her, other than she was B ca 1810, also in GA. The Pevy/Peevy girls married into the MAXWELL, GREER, WALSWORTH, SHOWS, BARNES and MOORE FAMILIES. My grandfather, Milton Bailey Pevy/Peevy, married Catherine Narcissa SHOWS, also from a family with a long time history in that area. (Her parents were Stephen Jackson SHOWS & Emma Jane SORRELS/SORRELLS.) His brothers married into the BARBER, WIGLEY, AND MOORE lines. Don't know if there was kinship between Sid Moore, husband of Harriet Ann Pevy/Peevy, and Kate Moore, wife of John P. Pevy/Peevy. Hettie I'Dora Pevy/Peevy married John Martin Shows, the brother of my grandmother--a sister & brother Pevy/Peevy married a sister & brother Shows. My mother, only child to survive infancy, called the 6 children of the other Pevy/Peevy to Shows marriage her "double first cousins". If any of you are related to any of these people, I would love to make contact with you. I'm trying to get all descendants of Jack and Ann PEVY/PEEVY into my family data base. My new e-mail is: jjg6808@earthlink.net. Thanks much! Janell Jones Goss in Dallas, TX
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JanetJ_G 21 Feb 2002 8:59AM GMT 
Barbara Munson 14 Jul 2002 3:10AM GMT 
Janell Jones Goss 21 Jun 2004 9:15AM GMT 
forresterdani 14 Jan 2013 9:55PM GMT 
doyde1 15 Nov 2008 5:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions