Search for content in message boards

ANDREAS KREID/KREIS

Replies: 0

ANDREAS KREID/KREIS

Posted: 5 Jul 2011 10:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Can someone help him?

I will give you what I know.

The name of the emigrant is Andreas Kreid and he emigrated in 1844. This is clear because I have a reference to an emigration-entry in a State-Archive which documents his emigration.
In a will that was submitted in the internet by Rita Curry-Pittman, April 2005 in www.usgwarchives.net I found my ancestor mentioned. So I found that he and his wife with 5 children emigrated to Carrollton/Algiers, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
I would like to find out more about them and there life in Louisiana.
In ancestry.com I have already found 2 entries in the census of 1850 and 1860 where his wife Catharina (They named her Elizabeth, but this is not correct) is mentioned.
Unfortunately I have still not found any record of his emigration/immigration (Passenger list, etc.) nor do I have information of his profession.

First of all the Will that I have found and where all starts:
Louisiana, Jefferson Parish, Judicial District Court, Probate dockets; 1886-1888.
Submitted by Rita Curry-Pittman, April 2005
Link: (please search for Kreid on this page)
http://www.mocavo.com/visit?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.usgwarchi...

195 Kreis, Wilhelm S 1886-1888 3 04026103934909 50 08/29/1847 Carrollton 000687
Petitioner/daughter: Gertrude Kreis, born 26 Apr 1848, is now 23 years old.
The daughter of Margaresha Kreid who wed Wilhelm Kreis 16 Feb 1847.
Wilhelm was a native of Eichloch, grand Dukedom of Hesse, Dormstadt. He died before Gertrude was born. He was the son of Wilhelm Kreis & Dorothea Mossel. He came to the USA with his father in 1844. At marker 689, Henry Heuchert makes a statement. At marker 690, George Geier (Geiger ?) and Mathias Kuntz give statements. At marker 692, Margaresha Kreid was the daughter of Andreas Kreid and Catherine Weppler also of Eichloch. The latter is from a copy of a Protestant church marriage record. At 293 is a copy of a baptismal record from St. Mary's Church in Carrollton.
Godparents were: Joseph Disher and Gertrude Kreit (Kreid ?).

Here all the facts of the emigrant:
Andreas Kreid, born 18 th. March 1790 in Gabsheim, Germany
died after 1844 presumably in Louisiana, USA
married 4 th. February 1817 in Sulzheim, Germany with
Catharina Webler (Weppler)
born about 1800 (exact date not found her in Germany)
died after 1860 presumably in Louisiana, USA

The children are:
1. Margarethe Kreid
born about 1821 presumably Eichloch (now Rommersheim)
died after 1848 presumably in Louisiana, USA
married 16 th February 1847 with Wilhelm Kreis in Algiers, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
2. Heinrich Kreid
born 11 th May 1824 in Eichloch, Germany
if married is not known
3. Elisabeth Kreid
born 8 th. October 1826 in Eichloch, Germany
If she married is not known, possibly married with Henry Deibel?, because in the census of 1850 an Elizabeth Kreid is noted in the household of Henry Deibel
4. Andreas Kreid
born 25 th. July 1829 in
in Eichloch, Germany
if married is not known
5. Gertrud Kreid
born 17 th. July 1831
in Eichloch, Germany
if married is not known
Notes: She was a Godparent at a baptism together with Joseph Disher. That is mentioned in the Will of Wilhelm Kreis.

What I have found until now is:
1. The Will of Wilhelm Kreis, where the Kreids are mentioned and where some reference to other information is given (marker numbers..?).
2. In the Census of 1850 is a C. Kreid mentioned with the age 50 years. This seams to be the Catharina Kreid (nee Weppler)
3. In the Census of 1860 is a E. Kreid mentioned with the age 60 years. this seams to be the Catharina Kreid (nee Weppler) again, but the "E." should be a "C.". (I got this Information from ancestry.com)

What me would help first would be to find the documents mentioned in this will of Wilhelm Kreis. That is:
At marker 692, Margaresha Kreid was the daughter of Andreas Kreid and Catherine Weppler also of Eichloch.
The latter is from a copy of a Protestant church marriage record.
At 293 is a copy of a baptismal record from St. Mary's Church in Carrollton.
Godparents were: Joseph Disher and Gertrude Kreit (Kreid ?).

But I don't know what is meant with "marker". In the header of this Will is a LDS-number (04026103934909)mentioned.
Do you know somebody who has access to this Information either to the LDS film or direct the Court archive?
Is it possible that the family moved to Texas?

Thank you for your assistance.
Uwe Kreit, Germany
Kreit.U@zdf.de

Find a board about a specific topic