Search for content in message boards

Jackson Hollingsworth

Replies: 0

Jackson Hollingsworth

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 6:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hollingsworth
Hello,

Looking for information on Jackson Hollingsworth b. abt 1817 South Carolina and migrated to Winston County, Mississsippi where he met and married Emily McGavin on 21 Sep 1839 in Winston Co., MS. He remained in Winston Co., Mississippi until the late 1840s. Jackson Hollingsworth was found in Claiborne Parish, LA in 1850 and 1860. Jackson moved his wife and children to Bienville Parish, LA in 1870 and 1880. Afterwards, I lost track of Jackson Hollingsworth.

However, a new clue leads me to believe Jackson Hollingsworth purchased some land in Lincoln Parish, LA on 31 May 1899. The U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management General Office Land Records shows a "State Volume Patent" document 19811 in Jackson Hollingsworth's name. The land office was Monroe, LA. The total acres purchased was 119 acres in Section 24 in the township 019 and range 005W.

Would like more information on Jackson Hollingsworth, and I hope someone can help me locate where he is buried. If you have any information regarding Jackson Hollingsworth I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for your time and assistance with my research.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions