Search for content in message boards

1869 settlement lookup for minor child Marie Alice Walmsley 1869

Replies: 3

1869 settlement lookup for minor child Marie Alice Walmsley 1869

Posted: 3 Apr 2004 9:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2006 6:20PM GMT
Is there someone who could lookup a settlement for minor child Marie Alice Walmsley made in Natchitoches Parish, LA on August 15, 1869 in the sum of $3,872.52? This information is given in a deed in Franklin Co., TN between George S. Walmsley, who says she is his daughter, and Z. C. Graves dated March 4, 1874. Z. C. Graves was president of Mary Sharp College in Winchester, Franklin Co., TN. George S. Walmsley states in the deed "whereas I am indebted to my daughter Marie Alice Walmsley as her tutorly settlement made in the parish of Natchitoches state of Louisiana on the 15th of August 1869 in the sum of three thousand eight hundred seventy two & 52/100 dollars with interest thereon from said date at the rate of five per cent and feeling that it is my duty to make certain the payment of the same to her and for the purpose of securing said amount to her upon her arriving at the age of twenty one years therefore in consideration of the premises I have this day sold and do hereby transfer and convey unto said Marie Alice Walmsley all of my right title interest and claim in and to the Mary Sharp College including all the grounds & buildings..."
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
joygallagh 3 Apr 2004 4:58PM GMT 
chazbaugh 9 Jul 2012 3:21AM GMT 
JoyGallagher2... 9 Jul 2012 8:36PM GMT 
chazbaugh 10 Jul 2012 4:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions