Search for content in message boards

Trichel/Bassett of Natchitoches Parish, LA

Replies: 1

Re: Trichel/Bassett of Natchitoches Parish, LA

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 4:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bassett
With your help I believe we can recontruct this family. I had information on Burwell B. Bassett and family but it was so far sketchy. One of his sons was a Noah W. Bassett. I believe another to be Robert Houston Bassett.

You can contact me directly at bassettgenealogy@gmail.com to exchange more information on this family.

57B6. Burwell Bassett, son of William Bassett

Burwell Bassett, son of William Bassett, was born about 1803. He lived with his mother in 1821 in Saline, Settlement, Parish of Natchitoches. He married (1) before 1830. He married (2) Pernecy W. Wyatt on 16 Jan 1843 (OPM). He was a resident of Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana at the time of his second marriage, recorded Ouachita Parish, Conv. Bk. H, P. 287. Pernecia Wyatt, daughter of Jesse and Elizabeth (Hagler) Wyatt, was born in 1812 in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. She died in 1864. She married (2) Mr. Radescich after the death of Burwell Bassett.
Also found in Ouachita Parish marriages is Susan Basset to Jeremiah Grisham on 31 Oct 1844. This could be a daughter of Burwell. They were the only Bassett family here in this time period.
(OPM - Ouachita Parish Marriages)

1830 Federal Census of Ouchita Parish, Louisiana
Burwell Bassett 0000100-10010 No slaves

1840 Federal Census of Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana
B.B. Bassett 210001 - 020000

57B61. Susan Bassett - born before 1830, married Jeremiah Grisham on 31
Oct 1844 in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana.

57B62. Daughter Bassett

57B63. Son Bassett

57B64. Son Bassett

57B65. Son Bassett

Delilah Folsom Puzzles

Another version of Delilah's history is told by her Cloud descendants of Louisiana. They say she was born at Grand Ecore, Louisiana. Her granddaughter, Delilah Cloud wrote this history around 1935:

"David Fulsom came from Holland married a Miss Darkus in Holland came up Red River from New Orleans to Grande Core and Delilah was born there Dec 31-1808. Two Indians told them of a trail that led to Hot Springs Ark., they went there and built the first house. And tried to get Deeds to the land but Government would not give deed so David and wife died there. They had 5 Daughters 2 boys. Mahalah married Kepler. Lottie married Burell Busset. Delilah married a man near Hot Springs (in other Cloud family data he was said to be a Mr. Campbell). She was Divorced then married Noah Cloud Sr. Stephen died near Campti of Swamp fever. Eb married Jennie Lee and moved to Houston Tex. Lottie Busset had 5 children her daughter Lottie married a Dentist McCornie from Ala." (The original is in possession of Bruce Evans in 1999)

In a letter from another of Delilah's granddaughters, Mary Izora "Manie" Cloud Stothard, written in 1938, she gives her version: "The Folsoms...came from Holland. Greatgranpa Folsom died and his widow married a Davis. I don't know if she had any Davis children. She had two sisters, Mrs. Hughs, Mrs. Basset. Mrs B died and Grandma Cloud raised her son Noah Bassett. One brother was a captain on a steamboat, he took sick fell overboard and was never found. Gma was born at Grand Ecore, La., so Mollie (her older sister) said." (Letter in possession of Bruce Evans in 1999)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ruthannebenne... 3 Mar 2012 8:03AM GMT 
bassettgeneal... 18 Mar 2013 10:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions