Search for content in message boards

Victorine Laine born 1821 France lived in New Orleans, Orleans, Louisiana.

Replies: 3

Re: Victorine Laine born 1821 France lived in New Orleans, Orleans, Louisiana.

Posted: 31 Dec 2011 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Laine - Maillot - Arnold - Satter - Malloy - Cavalier
Hello. My great-grandfather's middle name was Jules, after Jules Laine, the name of one of Jean Baptiste Laine and Victorine Maillot's sons and also one of their grandsons.

I had always heard that the Laines and my grandfather's family, the Malloys, were very good friends. But I've recently come across evidence that they were related.

Jules Laine was the husband of Barbara Arnold, though only for a couple of years before he died. They had a child named Jules Laine as well. Barbara later remarried Oscar Cavalier.

Barbara Arnold was the daughter of Catherine Satter, whom I believe was the sister of Jacob Satter, both of whom emigrated from Germany to New Orleans.

Jacob Satter married Anna Maria Frese in New Orleans, and they had a daughter also named Catherine Satter. This American-born Catherine Satter (I believe she was the niece of the German-born Catherine Satter) was my great-great-grandmother. She married John Malloy, and one of their sons was given the middle name Jules after her cousin Jules Laine.

In addition, my great-grandfather had a son named Alphonse Malloy, who died at a very young age. The name Alphonse also derives from the Laine family, as the previous posts have mentioned.

The full relationship between the Laine family and the Malloy family has always intrigued me!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mavis_bassett 19 Jan 2004 3:38AM GMT 
Eileen Stark 5 May 2004 12:36PM GMT 
jorlcummings 1 Jan 2012 6:34AM GMT 
dapedwards24 23 Oct 2012 10:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions