Search for content in message boards

McLemores in Ouachita Parish

Replies: 5

Re: McLemores in Ouachita Parish

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 10:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McLemore, Ligeti
Well, this is out of the blue but I am researching my family history, which is largely, New York-based Jewish. Seems my Uncle Irving Ligeti, now age 92, was serving in the Army in Louisiana in WWII and he met a young girl, then about 18, named Gloria Faye McLemore. My Aunt Gloria, now 89 and still sharp as a tack, was perhaps the last of many children born to a man named McLemore. She never knew him. He died when she was about three, which would match up with Amos G. McLemore. Her mother, named Gossye, would have been younger, about 29 at the time of McLemore's death in '27. I think Gloria had older siblings named McLemore who were also by this union. By the 1930 census, Gossye had remarried to a man named George Kinyard. Gloria married my mother's older brother and moved to New York with him at the end of the war. They have two children, two grandchildren and one great grandchild. It has been a remarkable marriage. Does any of this match up.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tdhudson 20 Mar 2006 2:20AM GMT 
wmclemore37 9 Apr 2006 2:22AM GMT 
tdhudson 9 Apr 2006 2:41AM GMT 
wmclemore37 9 Apr 2006 1:50PM GMT 
glenanders1 26 Dec 2006 3:51PM GMT 
steinerlebowi... 10 Jan 2013 5:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions