Search for content in message boards

WOODWARD, STRAUB family in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana, 1930

Replies: 0

WOODWARD, STRAUB family in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana, 1930

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 10:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
The 1930 Census for Monroe, Ouachita Parish, Louisiana shows the following family: Mathis (Mathias) L. STRAUB, occupation cooper, born about 1887 in Arkansas to German born parents. Also, his wife, Blanche (Woodward) STRAUB, born in Texas about 1889, his son, Paul Straub, born in Louisiana about 1926, his father-in-law, Thomas J. WOODWARD, born in Texas about 1856, former blacksmith known to have died in 1931, and his mother-in-law Gertrude (maiden name unknown), WOODWARD, born about 1870, birthplace uncertain, who was second wife of Thomas J. WOODWARD and mother of Blanche STRAUB.

The 1930 Census for West Monroe, Ouachita Parish, Louisiana shows another family, Pink L. WOODWARD, (misspelled as Puck L. WOODWARD), age 34, born in Texas, occupation railroad switchman. Also shown is Pink L. WOODWARD’s wife, Marie W. WOODWARD, age 30, born in Louisiana. This couple apparently had no children as of 1930. Pink L. WOODWARD apparently went by the name P. Lester WOODWARD. He was born January 22, 1896 and died September 13, 1966. Marie W. WOODWARD was born August 3, 1899 and died November 19, 1976. This couple is buried in Hasley Cemetery, West Monroe, Louisiana.

Pink L. WOODWARD (P. Lester WOODWARD) was the son of Thomas J. WOODWARD and his second wife Gertrude WOODWARD.

I am helping my in-laws with their WOODWARD family research. I would be very grateful if anyone could provide photographs of or any additional information about the people mentioned above, especially with regard to Thomas J. WOODWARD and Gertrude WOODWARD. (I would like to learn Gertrude’s maiden name).

Eric Baker

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions