Search for content in message boards

Matulich Family

Replies: 6
Posted: 1 Jan 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 6:37AM GMT
Surnames: Matulich
I am looking for any information on the MATULICH family of Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana. I am from Australia and I'm also a Matulick. Although my maiden name is spelt with a "K" and not with the "H", we are related in some way. I have in my files a Henry & Josephine(nee COSSE) Matulich. I have a little information on their existence, but what I am more interested in, in particular, are Henry's parents. I have it that Henry's father was a Nicholas Matulich from Omis, Dalmatia and his mother was Sarah O'Brien from Ireland. If this is true and factual, where can I find their death dates, birth dates, tombstones(where are they buried?). Henry was born in JANUARY 1853. My g-g-g-grandfather was also called Nicholas Matulich(note the spelling), b. c1825 in Omis, Damatia. He arrived in Australia in 1850 and again in 1853, where-upon he married an Elizabeth Huggins from Norfolk, England and settled in Renmark, South Australia. Their first child, Mary, was born in JULY, 1853. He died in 1899 and is buried in Adelaide, South Australia. Nicholas was a shipwright by trade having learnt the business as part of the crew aboard ship. I would dearly love to know if they are one and the same, or two different people. i.e. uncle/nephew? Also, if Henry Matulich died and is buried in the Buras Cemetery, why can't I find any information on him or his tombstone? Can anyone help me please?
Regards, Robyn

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RobynDykesMat... 1 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
GladysArmstro... 21 Jul 2001 4:31PM GMT 
JoanneRabon 4 Dec 2001 2:45AM GMT 
adroddy40 30 Jul 2013 6:45PM GMT 
nancy matulich 13 Dec 2001 6:13AM GMT 
Robyn Dykes (nee Matulick) 17 Dec 2001 9:50PM GMT 
adroddy40 7 Aug 2013 8:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic