Search for content in message boards

Conrad, Booth, Menge, Wiese, Withan, and Grimshaw families

Replies: 14

Re: Conrad, Booth, Menge, Wiese, Withan, and Grimshaw families

Posted: 18 Jul 2005 8:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Here is Catherine Menge's obit.
Mrs. A.C. MENGE ( nee Catherine CONRAD), died 10 March 1909, another land-mark was added to the rich harvest of the grim reaper, the lingering illness which rendered her an invalid for the last few years came to a peaceful end last Wednesday afternoon. Nearly every member of her large family about her bedside. Her remains were tenderly laid away the following day, the funeral being the largest wittness in this section in which she lived. Eighty-five years ago, Catherine CONRAD was born in the village of Gros - Beeren, Sexony, Germany, and came to this country with her parents at the age of fourteen, locating in this parish. Reared by the sturdy parents under the precepts of true Christianity, she labored in her earlier years in teaching the young, principally devoting her time with patience and energy to the beautiful Sunday School work, which later bore fruits in many of her disciples. In 1844 she married Anton MENGE who died in 1866, leaving a rich heritage, four sons and one daughter, Miss Nettie, all of whom with one sister, Mrs. WEISE, have now survived their aged mother....
I cannot figure it out. Unless the family first came to La from Germany and then went to Ohio, and Mo, but Catherine stayed behind and married. Also by the dates in the obit she would have been born in 1824 which is one year after Frederick Conrad. I have tried finding immigration records for them but I couldn't find anything to help. I guess I will just have to keep digging. :)
Thanks for your help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
saucierladner 10 Jul 2005 10:31PM GMT 
Dennis 13 Jul 2005 4:27AM GMT 
saucierladner 13 Jul 2005 2:29PM GMT 
danielferris 16 Jul 2005 6:19PM GMT 
saucierladner 16 Jul 2005 9:10PM GMT 
danielferris 17 Jul 2005 3:53PM GMT 
saucierladner 17 Jul 2005 5:59PM GMT 
danielferris 18 Jul 2005 3:03AM GMT 
saucierladner 18 Jul 2005 2:07PM GMT 
danielferris 18 Jul 2005 2:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions