Search for content in message boards

Elias Jason

Replies: 8

Re: Elias Jason

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 10:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Cheryl,
My name is Harold Williams (01/31/1973); I am Sandra Johnsons’ (12/12/1971) brother. We have an older sister named Angel Johnson (8/15/1970) and a baby brother named Perry Jason (6/10/1976). Truth be told, all of our names should be Jason. My mom has never explained to us why we don’t have our father last name. They were married in 1970 the year my sister Angel was born. I believe my Mom didn’t want the government to track my dad’s salary working at Coca Cola, because she was receiving food stamps at the time, so I got her maiden name(Williams) ,and my sisters got her ex husband name(Johnson) who was dead so they couldn’t trace her. We look just like our fathers people, the ones we know. My Dad Harold Irvin Jason was born December 29, 1939. He has been known his whole life by his nickname “Happy”. He didn’t remember much about his father Kermis Jason (1912) because he died at age 35 from tuberculosis in 1947, when my dad was 8 years old. From my research Kermis father name was Willis Jason and his mother was Susan Jason. They together bared 7 children: Florence Jason, McKinley Jason, Kermis Jason, Elisha Jason, Irvin Jason, Alice Jason, and Andrew Jason . I believe Florence must have married a Stewart. She bared your Dad Raymond Stewart, you Uncle James Stewart, and Aunt Fannie Stewart. I personally never met my granddad (Kermis) or none of his brothers and sisters. Kermis Jason married Ida Spriggs out of McDonoughville (Gretna) and together they bared 6 children. Harold Jason (father), Hilda Jason (RIP), Charles Jason (Hercules) (RIP), Kermes Jason Jr. (RIP), Janelle Jason (RIP) and, Gerald Jason(RIP). I knew all of my Dad’s siblings except for Gerald. He was shot and killed by his girlfriend in 1979 in Algiers, LA. The only time I met him was at his funeral. I don’t know any of my cousins from my uncles and aunts children, but they are in Algiers and Gretna. Now Willis Jason father was Elias Jason and his mother was Minerva Jason. It seemed as though they bared 4 or 5 children. Elias Jason Jr., Willis Jason, Lamaner Jason, Fannie Jason, and Better(Betty Jason). Elias enlisted in the Civil War in 1863. Regiment C 81st Infantry. He was a Baptist Preacher. Obviously we are cousins, and it is a great feeling to finally start putting the pieces together. I know my mother’s side of the family well, but don’t know anything about my father’s people. Is it possible to track Irvin Jason, McKinley Jason, Andrew Jason, Alice Jason, Florence Jason, and Elisha Jason’s children and grand/great granchilden? I pretty much know where Kermis Jason seeds are. Do you believe they are still in Ironton and Myrtle Grove still? Cousin I’ll tell you a little about myself. I graduated from John Ehret High School in Marrero in 1991. I graduated from Tulane University in 1995 in Sociology. I am a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated. I got my Masters from Ashford University in 2010 in Education. I start on my Doctorate this month attending Arkansas State University online. I have been in education since 1999. I taught in Dallas, TX from 1999-2009, and now I’ve been in Atlanta, GA the last three years teaching. I have four children, Dominick 18, a senior in High School, Nakemia 16, a junior in High School, Noah 10, in fifth grade , and Mahara 4 entering kindergarten. I will be home this summer because school ended on May 18. It would be nice to meet you. I plan on driving to Ironton and Myrtle Grove to ask questions and hopefully get a warm welcome and reception. Question do you have any other brothers and sisters, kids, and grandkids? I would like to meet everyone affiliated with my dad’s family. My dad is up there in age, and I don’t how much longer the Lord will give him. So I want him to be proud of his four children tracing his heritage and trying to identify where we get certain characteristics from. People always have told me I had the head of a preacher and I was destined to preach. Great great grandfather Elias was a preacher, maybe it’s in the blood. I teach history at the High School/Community College Level, isn’t that coincidental? Do we have any relatives out here in Atlanta? I can be reached on Face Book at Harold C. Williams. It was nice chatting with you cousin, hope to hear or see you in the near future. Be blessed! My number is 770-733-0523,
P.S. I played High School football with Kordell Stewart who played in the NFL for Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Baltimore from 1995- 2008. His Dad died last yea,r his name was Robert Stewart, they lived in Marrero any relation?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chogan6119 29 Mar 2008 12:17AM GMT 
nalexis1 8 Aug 2008 9:46PM GMT 
sandrajohnson... 29 May 2012 1:41AM GMT 
sandrajohnson... 29 May 2012 1:41AM GMT 
chogan6119 29 May 2012 2:49PM GMT 
sandrajohnson... 30 May 2012 7:50PM GMT 
chogan6119 31 May 2012 3:13PM GMT 
chogan6119 31 May 2012 3:20PM GMT 
sandrajohnson... 3 Jun 2012 4:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions