Search for content in message boards

Lathrop in Louisiana

Replies: 7

Lathrop in Louisiana

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 4:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lathrop Piaget

I am trying to determine if the Lathrops in Plaquemines Parish (who owned Linwood and Greenwood plantations) are the same family of Lothrops as found in the History of the town of Leeds, Androscoggin County, Maine: from its settlement June 10, 1780. This historical society claims that Elias Lane Lothrop married the daughter of the Swiss Consul in New Orleans ( https://archive.org/stream/historyoftownofl00stinch#page/72/... ). The volume gives her name as Piazia, but this is incorrect. The Swiss Counsul in New Orleans during the Civil War was Alexandre PIAGET (not Piazia) as evidenced in the collected correspondence of General Butler, who was the Union Military Governor during the occupation. Several of the US City Directories for New Orleans also list Alexandre Piaget as the Swiss Consul. The published history of Leeds was in 1901, however, and it gives no sources for the information in the volume. I have entries for two children of Alexandre Piaget in the New Orleans birth record index: a son named Guy Joseph Alexander Piaget, and a daughter named Marie Louise Lucile Piaget. The 1900 census shows an Elias Lathrop and Lucile Lathrop in Plaquemines Parish with relationship of husband and wife, and a family of 10 children. I can find NO marriage record for this couple. Has anyone found a marriage record for this couple? Elias Lathrop was allegedly born in Maine in 1854. Marie Lucile Piaget was born in New Orleans in 1856.

(cross-posted in Orleans Parish forum)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chantel721 26 Feb 2014 11:40PM GMT 
BarbaraMunson... 5 Mar 2014 5:09PM GMT 
chantel721 5 Mar 2014 5:28PM GMT 
chantel721 5 Mar 2014 5:33PM GMT 
BarbaraMunson... 5 Mar 2014 7:18PM GMT 
chantel721 5 Mar 2014 8:03PM GMT 
BarbaraMunson... 5 Mar 2014 5:16PM GMT 
BarbaraMunson... 5 Mar 2014 5:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions