Search for content in message boards

Lt. Kerchival Hundley Burial Location

Replies: 4

Lt. Kerchival Hundley Burial Location

Posted: 29 Jul 2012 10:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hundley, Van Horn
I'm trying to find the final resting place of my cousin, Lt. Kerchival Hundley who was a long time resident of Alexandria.

Kerchival was born 12 Jul 1892 in Columbia, Caldwell Parish, LA to the Honorable Allen Bybee Hundley and my 2nd great aunt Addie Blondie Van Horn. I know that he was a veteran of WWI and served in Europe. He was also a member of the LA National Guard for three years prior to his WWI Draft Registration.

He married Gladys M (b. 1898 Iowa), maiden name unknown in Louisiana ca 1925.

In 1930 Kerchival and Gladys were living in Alexandria and according to the census he had a general law practice (following in his father's footsteps).

In 1940, Kerchival and Gladys were living in Alexandria in Police Jury Ward 1, 2304 Jackson Street. They were still living at that address in 1942 when Kerchival registered for the WWII draft.

Against his occupation was listed as a private practive lawyer.

To the best of my knowledge, Kerchival and Gladys had no children. I basically lose track of them after 1942. I feel confident that both of them probably died in Alexandria sometime after 1942 and are buried in an area cemetery.

If anyone has any knowledge of where they are buried in Rapides Parish I would appreciate either personal email or you can contact me through this list or Ancestry.com.

I want to put up a Find-A-Grave memorial, but I really would like to have a cemetery to reference for Kerchival and Gladys.

If you are in Alexandria and have any knowledge on Kerchival and Glady M. Hundley, please contact me.

Thank you for your time,

Larry Van Horn, Brasstown NC
Member ISOGG and Hennington DNA Project Co-Admin
Nicolas Martiau Descendant Association National Registrar
Syndicated Genealogy Newspaper Columnist
Genealogy Instructor/Lecturer/Family Historian

"In the beginning, All America was Virginia." --William Byrd

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Larry Van Hor... 29 Jul 2012 4:49PM GMT 
ctchar2229 29 Jul 2012 7:41PM GMT 
Larry Van Hor... 29 Jul 2012 8:02PM GMT 
Larry Van Hor... 30 Jul 2012 12:13AM GMT 
ctchar2229 30 Jul 2012 12:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions