Search for content in message boards

PICKETT

Replies: 48

Re: Thomas

Posted: 19 Jan 2010 5:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Feb 2010 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: Thomas
Seidel and my daddy, Elria Thomas, were cousins and great friends. I have a lot of old negatives that I don't have pictures for, and I don't know who the pictures are of. The picture I have of Josie is of her alone. I don't remember Uncle Willard. Daddy took me to visit Uncle Felix when I was little, and we used to go to Seidel's house all the time. After Daddy got down, Seidel visited him all the time. I think that Seidel's sister lived in a little house near him. We visited her, too. I know that Daddy loaned my little woodburning stove to her - he said she needed it and I didn't - I used to collect all kinds of stuff like that, and I'd left it at his house. It was a pretty little thing, and looked just right for a lady. I don't know what happened to it after she died. I've had a stroke and my memory is not all that good. Seidel had a son or grandson who used to play guitar, and some member of their family lived on the main road where we turned in to Seidel's house. It's been a while since I've been back to Coushatta, but I bet I could still make that route of visits we used to do. Uncle Felix had a grist mill, and he used to give Daddy homeground cornmeal. Somebody else had a mule-drawn syrup mill, where he ground cane and made syrup. I loved seeing all of that. Daddy called him Uncle Felix, so we did, too; it's interesting to know how Josie and we were connected, and to understand the actual relationship. Daddy specifically told me Seidel was his cousin, so I know the title Uncle was not just being polite to an older person. He never went into who married who, as far as I remember, and I don't have information on Josie and Felix or early pictures.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
robles1948 19 Mar 2008 12:57PM GMT 
katiewont1 16 Jan 2010 2:58AM GMT 
rebeccal45 17 Jan 2010 5:56PM GMT 
katiewont 19 Jan 2010 12:10PM GMT 
rebeccal45 19 Jan 2010 1:12PM GMT 
HeatherBrown1... 5 Oct 2007 4:35PM GMT 
judylinnebach 6 Oct 2007 6:23PM GMT 
HeatherBrown1... 7 Oct 2007 3:00AM GMT 
MJCollins103 4 Nov 2007 6:23AM GMT 
judylinnebach 4 Nov 2007 4:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions