Search for content in message boards

African Americans Cox and Lockhart Family in Louisiana

Replies: 0

African Americans Cox and Lockhart Family in Louisiana

Posted: 29 May 2012 1:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cox, Lockhart, Hallaway
I am looking for the African American Cox and Lockhart Family in Louisiana. My Great Great Great Uncle Augusta Cox and Alford migrated to Richland Parish, LA during the late 1800's from Newton, MS. I know that my Great Great Great Uncle was married to a Emily Cox. Their children were Wilson Cox born 1878, Alexander Cox born 1875 and Jannie Cox born in 1878 and their was a stepdaughter Lula Hallaway born in 1869. In the 1930 Federal Census they were still living in Richland Parish, LA and Great Great Great Uncle Alford "Push Over" Cox was living with them too. Their Sister Name was Laura Cox Lockhart and she was married to a John Lockhart. They lived in Newton, MS. Some of their children were Frank, Clay and Harrison Lockhart. Some of Aunt Laura's children may have migrated to Louisiana too. Uncle Agusta, Uncle Alford and Aunt Laura parents were Claiborne Cox born 1810 in NC and Francis Cox born 1820 in VA and they lived in Alabama before coming to Newton, MS. They also had a son named Alex Cox and he lived in Lake, MS and he was married to a Rebecca Cox. There may be some African American Cox or Lockhart in Richland Parish, LA (Delhi, Mangham and Rayville) that donot know of the relatives in Newton and Lake, MS. The Cox has a family Reunion every two years.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions