Search for content in message boards

Sikes/Sykes research genealogy

Replies: 6

Re: Sikes/Sykes research genealogy

Posted: 7 Aug 2007 1:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cupit, Sykes
I've just started working on this family for a friend. She is hoping to find information about medical histories.

My friend's grandmother was Bertha Sykes, who was a sister to your Milton Sylvester Sykes. Bertha also married a Cupit, and I would guess it might have been a brother of your Mary Jane Cupit; but that's just a guess. Bertha married 2nd some Chappell or other who adopted her Cupit children from her first marriage (Earl Mayo and Susie Lee Cupit).

If I have the census information straight, all of the children of Melissa Cupit and Charles Sykes were born in Mississippi except the last one, Vella (pronunced VEE-ella), who was b in Louisiana.

Do you happen to have more information about this line, such as which Cupit Bertha Sykes married? Would you have any death certificate info for any of the Charles Sykes-Melissa Cupit families? Are you aware of a Cupit family reunion that is held each year, I think later in August, and in Arkansas, for descendants of these families?

Will gladly share census stuff, or whatever I have that might be of interest. Can find out from friend exactly when & where the Cupit reunion is held if you are interested.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JoyceShorter5... 1 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT 
mwaynesykes 15 Feb 2005 11:04PM GMT 
Grandholly 7 Aug 2007 7:04PM GMT 
JoyceWindhamS... 11 Aug 2007 2:09AM GMT 
rwalker1267 27 Nov 2007 2:29AM GMT 
dallmarcus 16 Mar 2012 5:40AM GMT 
Grandholly 16 Mar 2012 6:22AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions