Search for content in message boards

Eppinette/Moore

Replies: 36

Re: Eppinette/Moore

Posted: 1 Sep 2009 2:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Yes,
Zelia Ann Moore, the baby daughter of Samuel Moore is the one I am looking for. According to some great research by
some of Sam Moores descendants, she is shown to have been married to "Larry "Abraugh, abt 1864. In the 1870 she is listed as Zelia Moore in the house hold of Harion Heberand. It tokk me a few minutes to realize Abraugh and Heberand sound familiar if you use the french accent so I think that is the same man. July 1873 she marries Wm H. Dean. Thats all I have on him. In 1880, richland parish , she is listed as Lillian Potts, but her age should be 34 and not 24. Her son is Sam Abraw age 13, another derivation on how the name sounded to the census taker, and son Rowlin age 10, then Im unable to make out the name , it looks like Layo age 1. I thought maybe it was Leon, but dont know, the her father Sam Moore age 77 is with them so I know it is the same family. Her older sister Mary Moore who married William Weed in 1851, is living next door.
I was told by a Weed descendant that the first William "Bill" Weed came to louisiana. I found him in moorehouse parish 1850 working as a laborer, and listing his birthplace as Mass. I thought this may be an error, someone meaning to write Miss. instead, but- 20 yrs later his daughter Millie Weed who married W L Johnson listed her fathers birthpalce as Mass. I sure wish I could find info on him. I was told that William Weed and 3 daughters died of swamp fever and William Purvis Weed was the only surviving son. This seems to bear out true because I dont find William Weed born abt 1822, anywhere else. 1870 shows the "surving" son, living in another household as a laborer. This Wm Weed born abt 1852 is living near his mother Mary Weed who evidently has moved back with her father Samuel Moore. Her daughter Millie Weed age 14 is with her .
Back to Zelia Ann Moore, Dean, Potts and by 1882 she marries Henry Book son of Auzelie Gaspard and _____ Book.
By 1900 caldwell parish Henry Book is listed as a boarder with William Clark. I am unable to find ZeliaAnn, Zeanne etc.in the census . Nor any other year,- and she lived until 1928. Her last husband was Alexander Duchene, whom she married in 1907.

I hope this doesnt confuse you , but it has been exciting trying to track this lady down.
It would have taken me years of research to gather all that abt her, but the kindness of the Moore family and their willingness to share, gave me a whole other" bowl of gems "
to work with.
I hope this helps, if you know of any "Book" descendants who may know more abt Henry Book, Please pass my name along to them.
Sincerely
Vicki Boatwright
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
donnaksturdiv... 28 Aug 2009 11:13PM GMT 
jimmoore311 29 Aug 2009 8:47AM GMT 
boatwrightvic... 1 Sep 2009 8:59PM GMT 
donnaksturdiv... 28 Aug 2009 10:11PM GMT 
boatwrightvic... 1 Sep 2009 8:32PM GMT 
donnaksturdiv... 28 Aug 2009 10:13PM GMT 
prissyjeanne1 13 Aug 2011 3:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions