Search for content in message boards

ASSEVEADO,ACEVEADO,MARTINEZ

Replies: 14

Re: RE:ASSEVEADO,ACEVEADO,MARTINEZ

Posted: 6 May 2011 7:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Cindy

I might be able to help & suggest a few things. If you haven't already read the book, " The Canary Islanders of Louisiana" by Gilbert Din it's a must for descendents of the Canary Islanders. Also, consider joining the Baton Rouge Canary Islanders group. Www.canaryislanders.org. Even though they are in Baton Rouge, they can help with St Bernard Parish Islenos. I live in California and joined and they sent me some genealogy information. They have access to some Catholic records in some cases I gave them a name and they took it back to the ships these people came on.

I am lucky because I have a cousin who started doing genealogy years ago (and is good at it.) He sent me copies of the Archdiocese of New Orleans records (transcriptions)and I can try to look stuff up for you. I don't have every surname but I have a few.

What line so you need help with. Your Claude is the brother of my 2 great grandmother Constancia Assevedo. They are the children of Pedro Assevedo and Carmelita Rodriguez. Pedro's parents are Manuel Assevedo and Maria Josefa Torres. Carmelita's parents are Domingo Rodriguez and Josefa Hernandez.

Have you found a lot on your Gonzales line? I think Virginia is the daughter of Francisco Gonzales. I think your Francisco may be Francisco Juliano Gonzales, son of Felix and Catherine Gutierrez (Goutierres) born Feb 17, 1822 and baptised March 16 1822. Sponsors were Sebastian Gonzales and Maria Assebedo.

My Constancia married Manuel Sanchez. My paternal grandfather's line is all Islenos so lots of names in my back ground: Sanchez, Assevedo, Nunez, Gonzales, Rodriguez, Molero, Hernandez...

What line do you need help on - I'll try to help you with what info I have!
Andrea

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
knottsc 5 May 2011 2:42PM GMT 
Ar403 7 May 2011 1:51AM GMT 
knottsc 9 May 2011 12:28AM GMT 
FelixSolis67 15 Jul 2011 5:08PM GMT 
knottsc 17 Jul 2011 1:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions