Search for content in message boards

Need help locating town in St. Charles Parish, please!

Replies: 11

Re: Need help locating town in St. Charles Parish, please!

Posted: 14 Sep 2010 4:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HORTON, GEORGE, CRISSY, LEWIS, MORSE, WEST, WHITEMAN, WARREN, MYERS
Thank you so much in responding to my old query. Since that time, I have found out Henry's mother's maiden name was HORTON and I've been able to track her ancestors back to Massachusetts and England in the early 1600s.

Austin was on my list of possibilities, too.

Your post alerted me that I neglected to post my findings here, as I've done with other threads. So for clarification, here it goes:

Henry's parents were Blanche C. HORTON and Wendell GEORGE, both natives of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and first cousins. Henry's mother was the sister of Blanche's father.

Wendell was the son of Elizabeth HORTON, daughter of Daniel HORTON and Betsey LEWIS, both from Massachusetts. The HORTONs are descendants of William MORSE who immigrated to Newbury, Massachusetts in 1635 from Wiltshire, England.

Wendell's father was Israel L. GEORGE (sometimes written as Lewis GEORGE) of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. No other information is known on the GEORGE ancestors.

Blanche C. HORTON was a daughter of Daniel HORTON (Jr), native of New Jersey and Lucy Ann CRISSY, native of Philadelphia. Daniel died in 1900 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Lucy died in 1926 in Pensacola, Florida where she had been living near another daughter and son-in-law, Mary Elizabeth HORTON and William E. MYERS since just after Daniel's death.

Blanche C. HORTON married a man surnamed WALLACE and they lived in Corpus Christi and Kerrville, Texas in the 1920s and 1930s. Blanche died May 1945 and is buried in Biloxi Cemetery in Biloxi, Mississippi, near her daughter and son-in-law, Nellie GEORGE and Harry Clayton MABRY.

Blanche and Wendell were the parents of about 10 children, seven known by name, at least three living to adulthood. Daughter Nellie is thought to have lived longest, into her 80s. It is still uncertain when and where Wendell died.

If anyone is related to this family in some way, or would like more information, please contact me. Thanks to everyone who has been so kind to assist me in my never-ending search for my GEORGE ancestors. They are an elusive bunch. There are still many pieces of the puzzle to be discovered.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BarbaraMunson... 27 Aug 2010 2:31AM GMT 
RachelleZK 14 Sep 2010 10:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions